The Partick Thistle thread

Watching him run was absolutely thrilling, as he genuinely seemed to have several gears more than any player he came up against.  Seem to remember him assisting with an attack, overlapping, getting caught out, and then still catching the opposition winger despite them having a 40 yard head-start.

But that's about all I remember of him, to be honest.  Soccerbase actually has him playing 34 times for us, which is...well, that must be wrong.  Although tellingly, even including that generous figure from us when he spent most of his career crocked, he's played 142 league games.  He's 31.  Compare that to our very own Stuart Bannigan, who seems to have been injured for years and years, and has still managed 161 games.  To further put it into a sad perspective, 28 year old Sean Welsh, who may as well just be a walking piece of scar tissue, has only managed 13 less league games in his career.

Watching him run was absolutely thrilling, as he genuinely seemed to have several gears more than any player he came up against.  Seem to remember him assisting with an attack, overlapping, getting caught out, and then still catching the opposition winger despite them having a 40 yard head-start.
But that's about all I remember of him, to be honest.  Soccerbase actually has him playing 34 times for us, which is...well, that must be wrong.  Although tellingly, even including that generous figure from us when he spent most of his career crocked, he's played 142 league games.  He's 31.  Compare that to our very own Stuart Bannigan, who seems to have been injured for years and years, and has still managed 161 games.  To further put it into a sad perspective, 28 year old Sean Welsh, who may as well just be a walking piece of scar tissue, has only managed 13 less league games in his career.

Is Sean Welsh only 28 ?

2 hours ago, forameus said:

I remember the game your talking about when Dumbuya done that. I thought he was going to an absolute hidden gem. Get the feeling he was part of the f**k Archie crew though.

30 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

So what you guys are basically saying is now that he is over his injury and has had time to adjust his game to his reduced pace that he will be an absolute baller. Thanks for the update.

That's exactly it.

and the fact we kept Christie Elliott as a right back and released Dumbuya is because the club fancied a spell in league one and decided to release their better players for a laugh.

That's exactly it.
and the fact we kept Christie Elliott as a right back and released Dumbuya is because the club fancied a spell in league one and decided to release their better players for a laugh.
According to the Dunfermline fans a season or 2 down there is in fact a great laugh.

11 hours ago, GMBairn said:

So what you guys are basically saying is now that he is over his injury and has had time to adjust his game to his reduced pace that he will be an absolute baller. Thanks for the update.

Yes, make him Captain and build the rest of your team around him. He is also a pretty effective centre half.

1 hour ago, Reid said:

Shea Gordon tweeted that he needs an operation too. Had genuinely forgot he was with us.

We’re now only 2 players short of being able to field an injured XI.

I actually forgot about Lennox. If we're paying anything at all towards Gordon (I know he's not going to be on megabucks) he should be punted back to Motherwell in January. Who else is out? Coulibaly, Doolan, Erskine, Mutombo, O'Ware, Lennox, Gordon...

I actually forgot about Lennox. If we're paying anything at all towards Gordon (I know he's not going to be on megabucks) he should be punted back to Motherwell in January. Who else is out? Coulibaly, Doolan, Erskine, Mutombo, O'Ware, Lennox, Gordon...

Jefferies (another forgotten one) and Melbourne.

On 11/6/2018 at 23:41, GMBairn said:
On 11/6/2018 at 23:36, Pie Of The Month said:
That's exactly it.

According to the Dunfermline fans a season or 2 down there is in fact a great laugh.

Fake news.