The Partick Thistle thread

50 minutes ago, Thumper said:

3.4m for Ro$$ ¢ount¥, astonishing

Read it again.  200k difference is, what, four players?

Edit: no idea where the prof got his numbers to crunch, but Burton Albion offered more for Liam Boyce than Aberdeen could match, so it doesn't seem so unreasonable.

Edited by Savage Henry

I take all those wage budget things with a pinch of salt tbh, would imagine they'll be taken from accounts and will include non playing staff etc. FM might be a more accurate guide. 

Anyway, we're 16/1 (sixteen) to one to finish bottom with mc bookie. We were 14/1 two weeks ago. 

Falkirk game is going to be some laugh. 

Waiting for the January sales doesn't fill me with much if any confidence but it's all we've got at the moment to cling to.

An Archibald led poor start and the new manager thud has left us staring into the abyss.

We need a Jack Ross style turnaround in playing staff with no room for sentiment. 

Ironically we may have picked up a point or two over the last three games if Archibald was still in charge but that ship has obviously sailed. 

A new manager can take time to settle especially when taking over a team on a downward spiral. It was only a few weeks ago JJ at Morton oversaw a couple of 5 goal pumpings then the win over Falkirk seems to have given them a lift.

The team is in desperate need of taking something next week versus ICT going into a massive game with Falkirk.

Lose the next two and even if we signed Shankland in January we'd be pretty much fucked.

But, hey we scored a goal, and from a corner to boot...

9 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Didn't you punt most of the squad in the summer already?

About half, the other half are next...

The board get stick and rightly so at times but they heavily backed Archibald it's just he pissed it against a wall, imo.

4 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

You know things are bad when the Club makes a bit of Jagzone content free to view...

I don't really see what they were trying to achieve making the post match interview free to view. All it does is raise even more questions about Caldwell's competence.

47 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I don't really see what they were trying to achieve making the post match interview free to view. All it does is raise even more questions about Caldwell's competence.

To be fair even a better manager would struggle competently with some of these chancers masquerading as players 

a number should never have been kept on from last season and several should never have been signed over the summer- they are just awful 

Edited by third lanark

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It wasn't great, was it? I don't particularly rate McGinty, but alienating him isn't really going to help at this point.

I'm glad he shot down the question about the conditions playing a factor, though.

1 hour ago, Thistle4eva said:

You would have to agree with most of what he said in the interview to be fair. However the full backs deserve mentioned in the criticism at the end of the day they should be doing better to stop crosses getting in.

Not only that but half these players have got off lightly for 17 months with being mollycoddled and have not given a fcuk in fact they have practically down tools for 18 months despite being given an easy time of it - about time someone actually told them some home truths and if it upsets some of these chancers then it’s about time - hopefully some of them like mcginty gtf out of the club immediately Mcgintys an absolute liability anyway imo how anyone thought he was deserving of a 2 year contract il never know his agent probably couldn’t believe his luck