The Partick Thistle thread

I’m not surprised it was given to Elliott as he’s been around for so long and is generally reliable to be available for every game. By the same virtue, Doolan is the logical replacement.

The problem is, neither of them are really captain material. And I can’t see anyone else in the current squad who is. You can see that when we concede a goal - they all just shrug their shoulders and trudge back to their position. No leadership, no accountability.

The only captains that stand out to me are O'Ware, Bannigan and maybe Erksine (but Erskine is going to be in the refs ear all game anyhoo..). The rest are just good little soilders.
O'Ware easily out of those three he's a likeable guy, a hard professional in his position and he's an obvious leader it's just a shame he's injured at the moment. Just to add to it he was overwhelmed with the professionalism of the club compared to Morton and really happy with his move here, he will be a future captain mark my words.

I felt more optimistic and motivated as a fan listening to that interview than any interview I heard from Archie. Nice to see some aggression for once.  The effort into analysis and the intensity of the training sounded much better in one week. 

Edited by Firhill_Basin

I wasn’t there today but I saw from the Instagram page we were warming up at the North stand end, which end did we shoot into second half? Since the northstand became ours I’ve always wondered why we didn’t shoot up that way in the second half.

2 hours ago, Maine said:

I wasn’t there today but I saw from the Instagram page we were warming up at the North stand end, which end did we shoot into second half? Since the northstand became ours I’ve always wondered why we didn’t shoot up that way in the second half.

It seems like we stuck with the shooting towards the North Stand in the 1st half for so long due to “tradition” from the days of having the terrace at the city end; laughable considering we’ve had home fans behind the goal at the north end for 5 seasons now, and it makes far more sense to shoot towards that end in the 2nd half.

Didn't make a great deal of difference today as we were dreadful in the first half and were chasing the game with 15-20 to go, but hopefully we stick with it.

Edited by Nightmare