The Partick Thistle thread

40 minutes ago, Big Dan said:

Looks like a light squad tonight;

Bell groin tweak.

Spittal, Erskine, Storey and Gordon all doubtful after picking up knocks on Saturday.

McCarthy probably out as he picked up an ankle injury in training.

If all those are missing, we're looking at a bench of Niall Keown and Callum Wilson, plus whatever youngsters we bump up.

Would assume:
------------- Sneddon
Elliott O'Ware McGinty Melbourne
---------- Slater Penrice
Fitzpatrick Storer Mutombo
------------- Doolan

55 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

If all those are missing, we're looking at a bench of Niall Keown and Callum Wilson, plus whatever youngsters we bump up.

Would assume:
------------- Sneddon
------------- Doolan

I would assume that a couple of the ones with knocks would find their way on to the bench.

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Would assume:
------------- Sneddon
------------- Doolan

Good call, although Erskine and Spittal did at least make it to the bench.

5 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

So from those that have seen him play, how does Fitzpatrick look? Ready to be considered a solid first team player for this season?

I think he's playing his way into a first team role. Wasn't there last night but reports from those that were would suggest he was a standout.

It's not particularly easy to come on a substitute at the best of times but especially so when you're a youngster just breaking into the team. I think it says a lot that each time Fitzpatrick has come on, he's impacted on the game. 

I'm not surprised that he's featured as heavily for the Scotland youth sides. He's fairly well built - he's considerably sturdier than Callum Wilson for example who is in the same age bracket.

Fitzpatrick is almost two full years younger than Wilson, who looks like he needs a wee trip to a Spanish doctor. 

Impressed with the little I've seen of Fitzpatrick so far but let's not make him our saviour just yet. That's clearly Mutombo. 

So from those that have seen him play, how does Fitzpatrick look? Ready to be considered a solid first team player for this season?

Was excellent last night, best player on the park. He has no fear at all and wants to run at players as soon as he gets it and does so pretty well. His crossing and finishing has been very good to match. Don’t want to put too much pressure on him but he’s a first team player just now and should be looking to stay that way and not fade out. I could be wrong but I think he’s still an apprentice which I’d imagine would make it quite easy for him to be stolen so hopefully we get it tied down on a proper deal.

Aside from his two goals, two Stinlar players tried to hack him down and failed to do so on one run. Both defenders got booked :lol:

Edited by jagfox99

2 hours ago, Reid said:

I could be wrong but I think he’s still an apprentice which I’d imagine would make it quite easy for him to be stolen so hopefully we get it tied down on a proper deal.

The boy looks the real deal, as long as he keeps his head screwed on.  Imperative that the club get him tied down on a longer term contract immediately. 

Edited by Sting777

The club will definitely get Fitzpatrick tied down.  We're brilliantly run, have a highly competitive budget, a squad full of competition for places, and we're especially good at basics like always getting the right clauses into all player contracts.

5 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

The club will definitely get Fitzpatrick tied down.  We're brilliantly run, have a highly competitive budget, a squad full of competition for places, and we're especially good at basics like always getting the right clauses into all player contracts.

9aZ3Snou3bdlu.gif