The Partick Thistle thread

7 hours ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Is there any money left in the flat kitty jagfox? Could we consider a Refugees Welcome banner in red and yellow for the back of the Lambie?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16384920.glasgow-blindsided-as-refugees-face-mass-evictions/ 

£2000 with the club as far as I know.

8 hours ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Is there any money left in the flat kitty jagfox? Could we consider a Refugees Welcome banner in red and yellow for the back of the Lambie?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16384920.glasgow-blindsided-as-refugees-face-mass-evictions/ 

At the risk of being accused of being gammon, I’d rather we left the political virtue-signalling to the Green Brigade. 

15 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

At the risk of being accused of being gammon, I’d rather we left the political virtue-signalling to the Green Brigade. 

I take that point but the fact that Celtic have done it doesn't mean we cant/shouldn't. I've seen a  Hibs one and they are all over Europe too. I know the club provided tickets and transport for asylum seekers in the red road flats in the past. We are a proudly non sectarian inclusive club, supposedly a community club, the UK government are evicting asylum seekers from their property on our doorstep against the backdrop of a hostile environment. Showing solidarity with them is the right thing to do, and we might even get some extra punters through the door.

Is it just solidarity with refugees that has no place at a football match? Should the club be telling the LGBT fans group to pack it in or Show Racism The Red Card we won't be participating in the future? What about a few years back when the club gave the charity helping the Roma community in Govanhill free tickets to come and watch football since they couldn't afford it? No place for that either?   I'm just curious as to where the line about what issues we can and can't support as a club or support is.

Better tell the PTFC Community Trust to scrap their refugee football programme while we're at it. 

Edited by Pie Of The Month

I take that point but the fact that Celtic have done it doesn't mean we cant/shouldn't. I've seen a  Hibs one and they are all over Europe too. I know the club provided tickets and transport for asylum seekers in the red road flats in the past. We are a proudly non sectarian inclusive club, supposedly a community club, the UK government are evicting asylum seekers from their property on our doorstep against the backdrop of a hostile environment. Showing solidarity with them is the right thing to do, and we might even get some extra punters through the door.

We might also put off punters. Many don’t like politics in football. Shouldn’t we be a club for all and be completely inclusive?

Left wing, moderate, right wing and everything else should be allowed to be at Firhill and not feel like Thistle fans have an agenda politically.

Tolerance for all views will get the most punters through the door. You do that by keepers politics out of sport. You want to make a difference?...great everyone would agree with that but do it in your non Firhill time.

We aren’t Celtic or Hibs. #wearethistle