The Partick Thistle thread

58 minutes ago, Jagsman411971 said:

Some observations from our first 4 games,

Storer is not a footballer. We have to get rid of him, now. He is worse than a man down.

Penrice cannot play the attacking fullback role that I think Archibald wants him to do.

We need to rebuild Bannigan, and get him back in the team.

We desperately need a CB who can play a bit, a RB/RWB who can cross a ball, 2 creative midfielders and a striker who can score a few goals.

If we can get these players in, then we have a great chance of staying in this division next year.

Really? I'd heard from a Birmingham City fan that Storer was a cracking player provided he screwed the nut on and off the park. You not impressed?

Better if it had been at Porkheid but should bring in telly money and a half decent crowd and the likelyhood Celtic might play a sort of weakened side due to their Euro priorities. Could still get embarrassing if we play like we have recently. 

Edited by Sting777

13 minutes ago, waverleytales said:

Really? I'd heard from a Birmingham City fan that Storer was a cracking player provided he screwed the nut on and off the park. You not impressed?

Of the 3 games that I have seen, Morton, Albion and Ayr, with the exception of one shot at goal, he looks like he will be as good for us as Mathias Pogba was. 

Are we guaranteed to be on TV? Killie - Rangers will be pick 1, if there's a 2nd pick it'll be our game but think there was only 1 last 16 game televised last season, might be different this year with it being a weekend round.

I'm in the "take the money and run" camp so I'm fine with this.  Given we were pretty much resigned to being out, I'd guess we'll make a near 6 figure sum off this (lower admission than league game and gate costs split) draw.

Pretty much zero chance I'll be going to that, experienced enough flavour of heartbreak against them to last me a lifetime while we were in the top flight. Still have nightmares about Griffiths winner from that deflected Commons shot about 5 minutes after Seabourne had a header off the line.

Agree that its good to have scraped through unexpectedly (thx Hearts) purely to make up some of the shortfall from relegation, though.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Amazing day for a Thistle fan all but out the Cup then a freak result at Hearts gets then back in  then in the draw  get Celtic probably a live TV game and will make over £100,000 what a bonus for losing to Ayr yesterday !!!

6 minutes ago, Firhill_Basin said:

I trust Archie will spend the money wisely.

1 hour ago, Northfield 53 said:

Amazing day for a Thistle fan all but out the Cup then a freak result at Hearts gets then back in  then in the draw  get Celtic probably a live TV game and will make over £100,000 what a bonus for losing to Ayr yesterday !!!

I could be wrong,  but does all the TV money go into a pot and then get shared out by all the remaining clubs that are left in the Cup now?