The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Big Dan said:

From the Pollock website it seems that he is signed with them for this season. 

How do transfers go from the juniors? I assume that we would have to pay some cash?

"Senegalese defender/midfielder Mohamed, more commonly known as ‘Sena’, regarded as a potential sweeper as he develops, was briefly on the books of Rangers after leaving the Jimmy Johnstone Soccer Academy and initially joined Lok on a dual contract basis from the Pollok United Soccer Academy, and after a few months away from the club, he returned as a Pollok player in January 2018. It was announced in April 2018 that Sena had signed up again for the 2018-19 season."

Be funny if they just added a "Youth" on at the end of that. 

14 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

Surprised we signed a left back tbh, thought a right back would have been more of a priority. Not that I’m unhappy about getting another player in.

I was going to agree but I had a quick look at the first team squad and (unless O'Ware or McGinty can go there, but afaik they're centre halves first and foremost) we only had Penrice that's a recognised left back before he came in.

One in one out for Keown unless he does a Storey + another right back + another centre back (or if we can get someone competent at both for the utility that'd be great) would be enough for the defensive side of things for next season, I think. Would still like one more midfielder (someone that's similar to Osman when he still gave a shit would be great) and a forward (not keen on a big lump of a target man tbh, just never really seems to work with us) on top of that for depth and competition if nothing else, but we're very close to having a serviceable enough squad.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

37 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I was going to agree but I had a quick look at the first team squad and (unless O'Ware or McGinty can go there, but afaik they're centre halves first and foremost) we only had Penrice that's a recognised left back before he came in.

One in one out for Keown unless he does a Storey + another right back + another centre back (or if we can get someone competent at both for the utility that'd be great) would be enough for the defensive side of things for next season, I think. Would still like one more midfielder (someone that's similar to Osman when he still gave a shit would be great) and a forward (not keen on a big lump of a target man tbh, just never really seems to work with us) on top of that for depth and competition if nothing else, but we're very close to having a serviceable enough squad.

Yeah it was just the fact that Elliot could cover left back if Penrice was out.

but who would cover if Elliot was out 

9 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

I think the end of last season proved that Elliot can't cover left back.  

2 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

yep; if Elliot was covering at left back I can't see who would fill in at RB unless we're shunting a centre half there.

Melbourne helps with that but one more right back please Archie!

Just looking for a bit of info for tomorrow, usually sit in the Jackie husband stand for games but thinking for a change sitting in the John Lambie stand for the game tomorrow, just wondering do you still buy a ticket from behind the Jackie husband stand or do you just pay at the game? Cheers 

32 minutes ago, Dms1 said:

Just looking for a bit of info for tomorrow, usually sit in the Jackie husband stand for games but thinking for a change sitting in the John Lambie stand for the game tomorrow, just wondering do you still buy a ticket from behind the Jackie husband stand or do you just pay at the game? Cheers 

PATG.

36 minutes ago, Dms1 said:

Leave your Thistle scarf in the house as that'll be full of Ayr fans.

26 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

PATG.

24 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Leave your Thistle scarf in the house as that'll be full of Ayr fans.

Cheers guys!

10 hours ago, Nizzy said:

Reckon Haber's move to Falkirk makes us odds on to sign Graham.

I’m sure we were quoted with an interest in him a couple of seasons when we were in the Premiership. Mildly ironic if he joins us in the Championship?