The Partick Thistle thread

5 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Seemingly Doolan not happy with Thistles transfer policy and players let go, here's hoping Dundee Utd scupper the deal with a 2.5m package for Dools and we can concentrate bringing in some1 whos not wrong side of 30.

21 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Rumour on black& white army that Thistle have accepted a cash bid plus Ross Stewart for Doolan.

Can anyone confirm if there’s any truth in this. 

Edited by cilitbang

35 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Seemingly Doolan not happy with Thistles transfer policy and players let go, here's hoping Dundee Utd scupper the deal with a 2.5m package for Dools and we can concentrate bringing in some1 whos not wrong side of 30.

Two point five mil and allowing Archie to find a striker? What madness.

29 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Doolan wouldn't go near some diddy outfit like St Murn.

To be fair I hope not. We've been stung too many times by the 'used to be good before the injuries got hold of him' striker down the years. 

Doolan was a cracking player in his day. Reckon his day is past now though. Too many memories of guys like Craig Dargo and Eddie Annand.

Edited by djchapsticks

Okm8.

So Doolan, who is in his testimonial year, has recently started coaching the youth  teams (presumably making up some of his post relegation wage drop) , and is in line to finish his career as our second top goalscorer ever along with god knows how many other records, is going to trade that in for another season of feeding off scraps in the top division. Seems nailed on to me.

5 minutes ago, RiG said:

I see we've signed Sean Welsh. How excited / concerned should I be?

Depends. Whats your views on injury updates on guys who have been out injured for a while? If you like those, you'll love Sean Welsh.

12 minutes ago, RiG said:

I see we've signed Sean Welsh. How excited / concerned should I be?

Was a very tidy player for us at this level. Composure on the ball and keeps things moving. Was just a bit too slow to make it work in the top flight, but if he's fit he'll be solid at this level.

That fitness level is the major problem with Welsh, though. In the 5 years he was at Thistle, he must have spent at least half that time out injured. I'm sure it came out that he's got some sort of condition where his body takes much longer than usual to recover from knocks, bruises, etc. Which, as a footballer, obviously isn't a great thing to have.

14 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Depends. Whats your views on injury updates on guys who have been out injured for a while? If you like those, you'll love Sean Welsh.

We've had that a lot in the past with Doran, Foran and Meekings. From that perspective it sounds promising. Other than that, based on what I've read, ugh.

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

Was a very tidy player for us at this level. Composure on the ball and keeps things moving. Was just a bit too slow to make it work in the top flight, but if he's fit he'll be solid at this level.

That fitness level is the major problem with Welsh, though. In the 5 years he was at Thistle, he must have spent at least half that time out injured. I'm sure it came out that he's got some sort of condition where his body takes much longer than usual to recover from knocks, bruises, etc. Which, as a footballer, obviously isn't a great thing to have.

Cheers mate. That's the most positive anyone has been about him so far :lol: 

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

I was critical of him during his periods of actually playing in the Premiership, because he just wasn't quick/good enough for it. He's dallies in possession, wants too much time on the ball and was constantly being dispossessed because of it.

With a bit more time and space in the Championship, he should be fine. Good luck of seeing him on the pitch for any decent length of time, though.

Hearing Willo Flood is Partick Thistle bound.

Turned Archie down for Dunfermline as he preferred not to relocate if staying in Scotland, however Dunfermline are not now taking up their option to sign him again.

Decent signing at this level.

3 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Hearing Willo Flood is Partick Thistle bound.

Turned Archie down for Dunfermline as he preferred not to relocate if staying in Scotland, however Dunfermline are not now taking up their option to sign him again.

Decent signing at this level.

0jiGnhx.gif

2 hours ago, RiG said:

We've had that a lot in the past with Doran, Foran and Meekings. From that perspective it sounds promising. Other than that, based on what I've read, ugh.

Welsh would still be at Thistle if he could stay fit and we would still be in the top division. For a while he was regularly caught in possession, but I think before his last injury with us (it got difficult to keep track) he went on a great run of scoring and setting up goals.