The Partick Thistle thread

17 minutes ago, Dr Koop said:

Club statement

I’m sure Beattie will spend the summer vociferously campaigning for the new Rangers to start next season in the Championship, as he did in 2012.

c**t.

48 minutes ago, Ontovictory said:

Sorry to see the Jags come down, but welcome to the jungle anyway. Looking forward to a couple of trips to the west end (plus potentially pay off match). Its going to be pretty competitive with yourselves, Roy McGregor's boys, snecky, DU and ourselves - we are going to be a different proposition next season. 

There will be some pushovers of course, like Ayr and Scumvermin.

Scumvermin! Brilliant if you're 12

Pretty fuckin sad if you're any older.

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

If Partick truly 'belonged' in the top flight of Scottish football then they wouldn't have managed to get turned over in both legs of a play-off by a Mickey Mouse franchise outfit.  More hubristic nonsense that is currently ten a penny among clubs languishing in the second tier. 

I’m terrified that we might spend the next thirty years yo-yo ing between the lowest leagues in Scotland, like err, Morton.

40 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Relegation has turned some Thistle fans insane. A sad day.

Doolan regularly got 10+ goals a season for a middling Thistle team. 

Hearts have signed a 37 year old striker from St Johnstone and Aberdeen have  4 goal Stevie May. Doolan would improve any of those squads.

Sad day for us but we pretty damn deserve everything we got out of the season..... NOTHING.
Any other season we would have down weeks ago yet still didn't have the stomach for a fight when got various chances to change it. Time now for clearout NOW

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

If Partick truly 'belonged' in the top flight of Scottish football then they wouldn't have managed to get turned over in both legs of a play-off by a Mickey Mouse franchise outfit.  More hubristic nonsense that is currently ten a penny among clubs languishing in the second tier. 

1 poor season culminating in losing 2 games to a smaller club doesn't drop our quality to diddy level.

Public service announcement for Thistle fans who only started posting on here on or after 2012-13:

virginton craves a bite like Douglas Ross craves the crushing of gypsie travellers. Collectively ignore him and he’ll fall over like a useless p***k on national television too.

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Ships that pass in the night and all that...

We never seem to hang about in the same league for long...

I'm blaming St Mirren for our relegation. 

All the best for your impending relegation next season :angel

Sunday 20th May, 2018 at 7:27pm

Partick Thistle Football Club Chairman, David Beattie, said:

“With relegation confirmed following today’s match, I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to our wonderful supporters who have stuck with us over a difficult season. As a fan myself, I know how much this Club means to you and I don’t underestimate how badly you and everyone associated with Thistle are hurting tonight.

“However, the fightback starts here. It is crucial that the work starts now to ensure that we go in to the 2018/19 season with the sole aim of making an immediate return to where we belong – the top flight of Scottish football. In the next few days, the Board is meeting to plan the strategy and tactics to do that. These discussions will look at every aspect of the Club to ensure that we make the right decisions for the future of Partick Thistle.

“I know that it is hard to even think about that now but together we can make things happen. Together We Are Thistle.”

No complaints about going down.  Livi deserved it over the two legs. Just watched a rerun of the game on BT and Archie looks a broken man. As has been happening on regular occasions this season why were we playing Christie Elliot at left back with Booth and Penrice on the bench. If Booth was fit he should have been a clear 1st choice, if not we should have went with Penrice. Elliot should have been played at right back instead of McGinn.  No coincidence that we created more in the 15 minutes Booth was on the pitch  than we did in the previous 105 minutes of the tie. Just glad to see the back of this season, though I think next week will be an interesting week at the club to say the least!j

Edited by Sting777

3 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

No complaints about going down.  Livi deserved it over the two legs. Just watched a rerun of the game on BT and Archie looks a broken man. As has been happening on regular occasions this season why were we playing Christie Elliot at left back with Booth and Penrice on the bench. If Booth was fit he should have been a clear 1st choice, if not we should have went with Penrice. Elliot should have been played at right back.  No coincidence that we created more in the 15 minutes Booth was on the pitch  than we did in the previous 105 minutes of the tie. Just glad to see the back of this season, though I think next week will be an interesting week at the club to say the least!

What annoys me about this is How much pish Archie spouted about it was so important to have a left footed centre half. But playing a right footed player at left back after bringing one of our best young best prospects back early from a loan which would have only helped him develop further. Aye makes sense

6 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

What annoys me about this is How much pish Archie spouted about it was so important to have a left footed centre half. But playing a right footed player at left back after bringing one of our best young best prospects back early from a loan which would have only helped him develop further. Aye makes sense

Spot on. I couldn't believe that Booth (especially) and Penrice were on the bench with right footed Christie Elliot playing in their position. Baffling  to say the least. Elliot at right back was the call.  McGinn had a shocker! We missed a great chance to get after Livi down the flanks with the omission of Booth. Lawless was the only guy in the team that got pass marks from me today. Worked his backside off, with no little amount of skill involved.

Edited by Sting777