The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, Cerberus said:

We still have a number of players under contract.
Cerny, Keown, Doolan, Edwards, Elliott, Erskine, Penrice.
I'm sure there are more.

I can see Doolan going. He could get a game for anyone in Scotland outside Celtic.

Our squad for next season has a decent bunch of pros.

We just need a man with a plan to guide such men.

17 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Hard to keep a level head at the minute. I'm glad this fucking season is over.

Huge challenge ahead to rebuild - we'll almost certainly lose players to clubs that can offer top flight football and our market for players just shrank. I'm about 99.99% sure we're going to be looking for a new management team, too.

We'll take Paul so he can play with his brother.

3 minutes ago, Thistle4eva said:

Our squad for next season has a decent bunch of pros.

We just need a man with a plan to guide such men.

The best squad in years one season becomes a decent bunch of pros the next. Oh dear. :rolleyes:

Sooo ... what's the betting the league is lining up away trips to Inverness and Dingwall for Thistle around Christmas and New Year? :unsure:

1 minute ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

Fairly confident of keeping Doolan, Erskine and Cerny but I reckon Lawless will be off unfortunately. The likes of Storey, Osman and Devine can go, Osman has a been a sham of a captain this season.

A rumour going about we've had Lawless signed for the past few weeks but haven't announced due to the Play-Offs.

2 minutes ago, Red 'N Yellow said:

Fairly confident of keeping Doolan, Erskine and Cerny but I reckon Lawless will be off unfortunately. The likes of Storey, Osman and Devine can go, Osman has a been a sham of a captain this season.

I would have thought Cerny would be the first player top flight clubs would be looking at, and the one player you'd have the hardest time keeping.  Guess contractual issues are the telling point.  

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I would have thought Cerny would be the first player top flight clubs would be looking at, and the one player you'd have the hardest time keeping.  Guess contractual issues are the telling point.  

Who needs a first team keeper? Dundee and St Mirren are the only ones I can think of

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who needs a first team keeper? Dundee and St Mirren are the only ones I can think of

Who needs a keeper behind the worst goal average of the season? Mind you, a defence would have helped.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Yeah.  Hibs maybe.  Hearts keeper is away, I believe.  

Id be stunned if a top half club went for him

A rumour going about we've had Lawless signed for the past few weeks but haven't announced due to the Play-Offs.

Good player, deserves to keep playing in the prem. Also one of the few to put in a bit of fight.

He’s talked before about how much he enjoys playing for the club so don’t think he’ll look for a move, assuming his contract stays the same. We have him for another year as well so I’d be surprised if we let him go.