The Partick Thistle thread

32 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Booth's contract has an extension trigger when he plays X amount of games this season. He can't reach the number. 

Interesting SLJ. I'm sure he wishes he had played more...

...or does he...?

I’m being controversial but I’d keep Spittal and Edwards before bannigan and Storey 

i never saw Spittal signed as a fighter type - that role I thought the likes of Osman, bannigan woods etc would occupy- they failed miserably- I saw Spittal as providing some goals and more of a threat of set pieces- which he did in the first half of the season- so far he’s something like Third top goalscorer and joint assist maker - he’s hid since January but so have the rest of the team including the fighters and as he is one of our youngest players bar McCarthy and penrice he has scope to improve and can get goals in whatever division we end up

edwards gets a bit of a raw deal- sure he does at times run around like a headless chicken but he can harry the opposition, score vital goals and unlike the rest of the team cannot be accused of not trying. 

Went on to get my ticket today - late, I know, but long story where I wasn't sure if I'd even make it.  And now see that season ticket seats have long since been given up.  Availability looked none for the JHS (surely hadn't sold that out?) and after changing my mind about just paying at the gate, I'm now seeing the whole thing as unavailable online.  Does that always happen this close to kick-off?  I'll be going up anyway to try and buy at the gate, but surely we haven't sold this one out?  I mean, great for the club if we did, but I'll be raging.  Mostly at myself, but still.

1 minute ago, forameus said:

Went on to get my ticket today - late, I know, but long story where I wasn't sure if I'd even make it.  And now see that season ticket seats have long since been given up.  Availability looked none for the JHS (surely hadn't sold that out?) and after changing my mind about just paying at the gate, I'm now seeing the whole thing as unavailable online.  Does that always happen this close to kick-off?  I'll be going up anyway to try and buy at the gate, but surely we haven't sold this one out?  I mean, great for the club if we did, but I'll be raging.  Mostly at myself, but still.

Show your ST at the gate and you get in for £10.

30 minutes ago, forameus said:

Sweet.  Suspect my actual seat is now gone which is a bit shit, but going by the online last time I looked, I may be joining the North for the first time.  Be gentle.

I would take anything on the ticket site with a large pinch of salt.

Hi lads.

Now that the dust has settled, what's the story with your players and their contracts?  All of ours got to choose between a free transfer and a reduced salary.  Potentially, we only have three players signed up for next season - Vigurs, Naismith and Mckay.  On the other hand, we could have the same squad minus the shite that wasn't even offered reduced terms.  

Hard to keep a level head at the minute. I'm glad this fucking season is over.

Huge challenge ahead to rebuild - we'll almost certainly lose players to clubs that can offer top flight football and our market for players just shrank. I'm about 99.99% sure we're going to be looking for a new management team, too.

Your squad is garbage, the worst team I’ve seen in the league this season. All the Partick fans I’ve seen where waiting on Osman coming back and he’s been brutal. Keown is a donkey. Storey is pish. Devine is the worst centre half in the league. Spittal and Lawless flatter to deceive. Doolan and Sammon are the only reason you aren’t cut adrift.

Any of you want the lottery numbers? Good bye.

Listned Archie’s interview on Bt sport get the feeling he’s a goner. Always be a Thistle Legend but I do think it’s time to get give someone else a chance.

Feel sorry for him you can see how much the club mean to him ! People like Erskine Doolan and Lawless also. 

Too many players at the club that stopped playing for the manager. 

Fitness has also been a major problem all this football science pish is never something I’ve bought into. Guys like Barton, Spittal etc all blowing out there arse constantly. 

Tactics and substitutions have also been so obvious to other teams for me. 

Livingston play like a John Lambie team. Went out there and left everything on the pitch. Put a shift in for the manager and team.

Weve had numerous chances to save ourselves this season and shat it ! 

Osman Barton Devine should be shown the door tonight for being utter wasters.

Undoubtedly deserve to go down. We’ve been rotten all season. I’d keep Cerny, Elliott, Lawless, Erskine, Penrice, McCarthy and Doolan. The rest can piss off.