The Partick Thistle thread

15 hours ago, NotAFan said:

He had an unsuccessful season with MK Dons for a reason. He's not very good.

I think that's a little harsh. Had a good record at Hearts. His record at MK Dons wasn't actually that bad, certainly better than their current manager. You could say Lennon is "not very good" on the basis of what happened at Bolton. But he's currently chasing down 2nd place with a side that was in the Championship last season. 

4 minutes ago, thistledo said:

I think that's a little harsh. Had a good record at Hearts. His record at MK Dons wasn't actually that bad, certainly better than their current manager. You could say Lennon is "not very good" on the basis of what happened at Bolton. But he's currently chasing down 2nd place with a side that was in the Championship last season. 

Neilson took over when they were 19th in the divison, was given the opportunity to gut the first team and was sacked when they were in the bottom four. They haven't got any better or worse since. He's largely culpable for their mess of a season then. One disaster in the English leagues doesn't make a poor manager though: look at Derek McInnes' stint at Bristol City. 

Not convinced that he'd want to join a club that now has a high chance of being in the second tier next season though with no straightforward route back. You'd be dealing with Jim Duffy and similar level of applicants instead IMO. 

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Neilson took over when they were 19th in the divison, was given the opportunity to gut the first team and was sacked when they were in the bottom four. They haven't got any better or worse since. He's largely culpable for their mess of a season then. One disaster in the English leagues doesn't make a poor manager though: look at Derek McInnes' stint at Bristol City. 

Not convinced that he'd want to join a club that now has a high chance of being in the second tier next season though with no straightforward route back. You'd be dealing with Jim Duffy and similar level of applicants instead IMO. 

That was my point with the Neil Lennon comparison. 

Not convinced he'd be keen on Thistle either, but I don't seem him having many options down south except for lower leagues. Realistically we should have a decent enough budget / players to bounce back if we had a capable manager. 

I'm sure ICT fans will correct me if I am wrong but it feels very similar to Richie Foran last season. It was clear that something wasn't working and that a change would have been for the best, but the board was too stubborn/blinded by loyalty to actually do anything. 

Also Firhill_Basin, for the most part, has absolutely nailed it.

1 hour ago, Firhill_Basin said:

People scoff at Duffy being a dinosaur but I think he's reinvented himself somewhat from his spells at Clyde and Morton. 

That would be nice to know/see. The last contribution to youth development he made was hoofing Andy Brand into the air at a cheridee match a few years ago.

I haven't a clue who'd replace Archie if he left. I can't even think who's out there.

31 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

The club are also having a player of the month for March.

3 games, 3 losses, 5 goals conceded and 0 goals scored.

A complete piss take.

Computer screen/tablet/phone. Foot.

The media people are Thistle are normally pretty good and I'm sure no one would disagree with the current setup being a vast improvement on what has went before but f**k me they really have missed the mark gauging the mood of the support by allowing Osman to speak to the press after Tuesday when he's been one of the worst offenders at being a useless c**t since he came back from injury and then coming out with the player of the month vote as if we didn't have a fucking horrendous month and just got horsed by County.

Don’t worry, Abdul will inspire the team to stay up this year and use the story to flog some more #itsnoteasy hats to absolute roasters. #relate

Saw big Abdul in the Nike store. Decked out in expensive flashy designer clobber then topped off with his #itsnoteasy snapbacks. I used to live the big guy but proving difficult now.

6 hours ago, H Wragg said:

Yer man #amazingarchie came all the way from Gloucestershire and saw us pick up our only point of the month.
Just saying.

Let his mum know on twitter, she'll get another crowdfunded trip on the go so Thistle fans can pay for her son's birthday present again.

3 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Let his mum know on twitter, she'll get another crowdfunded trip on the go so Thistle fans can pay for her son's birthday present again.

Heartening to know that I’m not the only one who found this outrageous.

Sounds like you guys have done an ICT; Comfortable in the top flight then get beat every week in the flick of a switch.

Granted you didn't appoint a rookie manager and lose half your team for the last 3 years.