The Partick Thistle thread

Sean Welsh played as a trialist tonight for Falkirk. Quick summery please? Would he be a decent enough signing? I thought he had some injury problems.

We as Jags fans love Welsh [emoji7] but he’s an injury nightmare. An under-rated central midfielder who performs consistently. However I was told by an inside source that he’d still be at Thistle if his injuries weren’t recurrent. He’s not able to play without injury spurning his season. Shame but hope he can add value to a club. Even Falkirk who seem to love ex-Jags favorites! [emoji6]

We as Jags fans love Welsh [emoji7] but he’s an injury nightmare. An under-rated central midfielder who performs consistently. However I was told by an inside source that he’d still be at Thistle if his injuries weren’t recurrent. He’s not able to play without injury spurning his season. Shame but hope he can add value to a club. Even Falkirk who seem to love ex-Jags favorites! [emoji6]

Do we? I seem to remember Welsh for a good season or two prior to his last being blamed regularly, rightly or wrongly, for many of our poorest games. I wasn't upset to see him go myself. He had the occasional strong game but was prone to alot of stinkers giving the ball away.

4 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

If we have an international cap clause for Lindsay and he moves from Barnsley. Will we still be entitled to that clause if he gets a cap after leaving Barnsley or would it need to be with them?

It would need to be with Barnsley. I suppose they could technically but they’d be bat shit crazy to do so.

Lots of positive comments about Lindsay on the Barnsley forum,  quite a few mentioning they think he'll be away next summer and other saying they can't understand why is isn't in the Scotland setup. So wouldn't be surprised if Premier league teams are looking. 

Be nice if he went of to Italy or something and learned how the masters of defending do it and maybe transfer that over to the Scotland team. 

Do we? I seem to remember Welsh for a good season or two prior to his last being blamed regularly, rightly or wrongly, for many of our poorest games. I wasn't upset to see him go myself. He had the occasional strong game but was prone to alot of stinkers giving the ball away.

He was in great form last season for us until he got injured again. He was also a solid professional and in the years he was with us gave his all. I think you’re right that he had flaws and was prone to dispossession and sometimes slow to anticipate but he was praised last year through holiday period and early months of year for his contributions and played big roll in our positive run up the table. I am sure you remember that? Plus before his first major injury he was part of Jags team consistently and club captain, not least helping us secure promotion.
Maybe I was a little strong in my emotional description but I liked him and his contributions especially when we needed it last year after our usual dreadful start.

He was in great form last season for us until he got injured again. He was also a solid professional and in the years he was with us gave his all. I think you’re right that he had flaws and was prone to dispossession and sometimes slow to anticipate but he was praised last year through holiday period and early months of year for his contributions and played big roll in our positive run up the table. I am sure you remember that? Plus before his first major injury he was part of Jags team consistently and club captain, not least helping us secure promotion.
Maybe I was a little strong in my emotional description but I liked him and his contributions especially when we needed it last year after our usual dreadful start.

I don't disagree in terms of last season. All in he had a strong campaign and was always professional. But it's disingenuous at best to suggest that the overall mood towards him is of absolute adoration from the Jags fans. Compare to the misty eyed reaction Lyle Taylor gets whenever his name is mentioned to that of Welsh's and the contrast is stark.

21 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I looked at the Scotland squad to see who is keeping Lindsay out.
Mulgrew and Berra.

Image result for disgust big brother gif

We don't deserve to qualify.

That's embarrassing. Almost glad we didn't qualify to prove a point. Lindsay is comfortably good enough to be at least included in the squad, I don't think many would argue against him being given the chance. 

Edited by thistledo

We didn't even do that. We played c***s like Gordon Greer.

I looked it up and sadly we didn't actually play Greer. But I bet he was injured and as would have if we could. And we definitely did play a bunch of pointless old players instead of Lindsay.

Edited by Nightmare