The Partick Thistle thread

Who works under Maxwell. He manages a team at Firhill who do many jobs for the club. Could very well be the new commercial manager was involved but it's Ian in the photo press release. Either way it's nice to see them still pushing for these deals.

"It'll still be ________ to me" is one of the strangest shouts going, not the point at all. The stadium announcer, the commentators, the media will all call it something else - its real name. If child services came in and said "your son's name is now John", would you turn around and say "joke's on you, he'll still be Craig to me."?

Was alarmed by how many Hibs fans on .net seemed, not just happy, but positively in favour of renaming Easter Road for some cash. It's been Easter Road for over a century, and I hope it will still be when I'm long dead.

7 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Article in the herald with maxi where he says archie won't get unlimited time to address the poor start. That's a nothing statement, no manager gets unlimited time

If anyone would have unlimited time it would be Archie.

Archie has made a c**t of it so far this season tbh. He's got a good transfer budget and he's wasted it. He faffed about for ages during the transfer window looking for the perfect player and has ended up with various levels of shite panic buys.
There is no way that Sammon is a Partick Thistle level player. He was shite at Killie ffs. Get him to f**k to Falkirk or whoever.

Sammon is the only one I'd really class as anywhere near a panic buy.

Keown and Turnbull were a necessity seeing as we lost Lindsay and Keown's original loan had ended. Nitriansky was necessary as Dumbuya is made of glass, and then McGinn likewise after the injury to Booth. Storey was vital as we'd lost Azeez and needed a striker.

I do think Sammon fills a need, though. He's versatile and with him we can play things a bit differently (lumping the ball up to Doolan and Storey wouldn't really work), even if he wasn't a necessity.

19 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

If anyone would have unlimited time it would be Archie.

Archie has made a c**t of it so far this season tbh. He's got a good transfer budget and he's wasted it. He faffed about for ages during the transfer window looking for the perfect player and has ended up with various levels of shite panic buys.
There is no way that Sammon is a Partick Thistle level player. He was shite at Killie ffs. Get him to f**k to Falkirk or whoever.

16 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Who would you consider a panic buy? 

I might be jumping to conclusion's here but I would maybe have a wager on C Sammon as being his reply ☺️

TBF Storey isn't a panic signing. He's just shite. I'd rather have kept Azeez.

You must be at it with that. We at least know that Storey is able to score goals in this league. Azeez got more opportunities than most, and made it painfully clear that he couldn't finish to save himself.

Sammon doesn't half cop a lot of flack despite performing more than adequately since signing - it's almost like his reputation precedes him. He serves a purpose for the team, offers a target to work off and puts in a shift. 

Storey has played a grand total 140 minutes and has already been labelled as "shite" by the oracles. Like any striker, he's going to require time and a run of games to find any sort of form. McGinn hasn't even played a minute yet and has been written off.

The kind of start that we had, fixture wise, was always likely to be tough and was even likelier to draw out the mouth-breathers. Lord knows what that collection of lobotomy recipients on Facebook think about it.

We've so far played one team who most realists would expect us to be around come the end of the season and were only a few minutes away from beating them on their own patch. If we had so far been unable to pick up points against rival teams in the way Dundee and Killie have failed to, I'd be far more concerned.

3 hours ago, Armand 2 said:

Sammon doesn't half cop a lot of flack despite performing more than adequately since signing - it's almost like his reputation precedes him. He serves a purpose for the team, offers a target to work off and puts in a shift. 

Storey has played a grand total 140 minutes and has already been labelled as "shite" by the oracles. Like any striker, he's going to require time and a run of games to find any sort of form. McGinn hasn't even played a minute yet and has been written off.

The kind of start that we had, fixture wise, was always likely to be tough and was even likelier to draw out the mouth-breathers. Lord knows what that collection of lobotomy recipients on Facebook think about it.

We've so far played one team who most realists would expect us to be around come the end of the season and were only a few minutes away from beating them on their own patch. If we had so far been unable to pick up points against rival teams in the way Dundee and Killie have failed to, I'd be far more concerned.

I think that's a fair point - I've not been going into full on panic mode even at nul points because realistically Celtic at home, Hibs and St Johnstone away and Aberdeen at home aren't fixtures I'd have expected many points from, and drawing at County away (provided we go on to beat them at Firhill) isn't a disaster. It's frustrating not to have picked up at least a point from scoring 3 goals against Aberdeen, chucking away two points late on against County and not matching the excellent cup performance against St Johnstone in the league game against them but until the full round of 11 fixtures are up I'm not concerned. If we go without a win in those first eleven matches I'll start worrying a bit but plenty of time left.

Top six again for us looks a huge task but tbh we knew that before the season started. Would be very happy with a best-of-the-rest 7th place finish, and would be lovely to get at least one win against one of the arsecheeks in what I suspect is Archie's last season with us before he moves on to bigger and better things. Got a couple of chances against the blue arsecheek coming up provided we don't shite ourselves against the badge again.

As for Sammon - I'm not convinced we're playing him in his best position, tend to think he looks like a fish out of water (ha, see its funny cos his name sounds like salmon) out wide on the left for us, but I haven't a clue where his best position for us *is* since I'm not keen on going two up front and playing him as a striker means dropping Doolan. I'm happy having him in the squad though and again, there's plenty of time to figure it out.

No Lawless against Rangers tho pls

39 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I think you mean 'panic signing' there m8.

No, I don't. Puts a physical emphasis onto the attack which can transition to the defence. Also his genuflecting probably gave a few **** heart palpations, which is all good in my book.