The Partick Thistle thread

This thread like a drunken night out on the pull.

Start of night / end of last season- "Brian Graham?! f**k off, not a chance"

Several drinks later and all the nice looking girls knocking you back / several weeks without a striker signed "You know what? Brian Graham isn't too bad actually"

In first with the "well actually, Sammon did a job for Killie a few years ago so maybe..."

34 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

Given that my betting record for this season isn't too good am I wrong in thinking that the 3/4 on offer for the home team tonight might be a judicious investment?

You can get evens if you shop around but regardless it looks a decent bet.

17 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Thistle just handed a penalty... Ando won the ball cleanly and clearly. Penalty given?!!!

BBC (i know) have it as a Shaughnessy foul on Nisbet. No?

Its literally the only thing they've said on the game apart from the goals. In an all premiership tie between 2 top 6 teams in the last 16 of a national cup competition...

5 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

BBC (i know) have it as a Shaughnessy foul on Nisbet. No?

Its literally the only thing they've said on the game apart from the goals. In an all premiership tie between 2 top 6 teams in the last 16 of a national cup competition...

Nope. Was Anderson. Ref incorrectly guessed from 30 yards away. 

I say again as it looks like we're putting Saints out the cup. Everyone cool the jets.

Nisbet having a much better game. Edwards scores a cracker and Turnbull the new lad looks sharp and a great purchase. Barton also much improved.

We've played one league game and everyone starts banding around ideas of panic acquiring a bang average forward.

And by the way, Nisbet may not be he answer but to compare him to Graham is a tad unfair. He's a young lad and doesn't have experience of Graham. He deserves the shot Archie is giving him and experience in the first team.

Good result pending and hopefully Doolan back for Celtic game. Let's not lose our marbles quite yet.

Agree. We need another forward. No one disagrees with that probably least Archie and board but before this cup game the thread had already accepted defeat because of it. Let's have a little faith in he squad. And let them bring in the right players that are best for club.

Give Nisbet a five year deal.

I know we're going to draw Celtic, Aberdeen or Rangers in the next round, but how fucking brilliant is that result. 3-0 away to St. Johnstone, with all of us fearing the worst. Well done the Jags.

How did Turnbull look for those at the game? Commentary said he looks like another astute signing

Did well imo, won just about everything in the air and came onto a game even getting forward and setting up a spurned chance.

Defence and goalkeeper by the sounds of it is pretty solid as of last year, only difference is Turnbull who more than replaces Lindsay and Nitriansky who looks quite good:) Midfield can't be judged yet as it's been a bit inconsistent although Bannigan looks back to his best and last but not least the forwards, the front four looks an improvement on last year although it is lacking a bit of depth Spittal is an upgrade on Amoo and whoever we bring as a striker is an upgrade on Azeez.