The Partick Thistle thread

46 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

That will do tbh

If any of you are at a loose end today and are unsure about the propsect of signing Brian Graham I'd recommend watching a few of his saints goals on youtube. 2 headers against Hamilton & a winning header on his debut against Motherwell are particular highlights headerwise. Also his winning goal against Dundee in Perth was a peace as well. 

He did well quite well in Perth but some have questioned his attitude to be a bit of a premadonna. No idea if true or not though. 

Graham would be a pretty meh signing, he's actually been decent in this league which makes him an improvement on the likes of Baird and Ecclestone I suppose. At this stage though I think it would be more a case of we'll sign him because he's available rather than signing him because he was a target all along. I'm still hoping that with the Lindsay + Azeez money we might go for someone under contract, or someone decent on loan.

11 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Henoc Mukendi, but that'll be because he was obviously hilariously shit.

Hahaha. That was the finest description of him I've read. Well played.

5 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

He did well quite well in Perth but some have questioned his attitude to be a bit of a premadonna. No idea if true or not though. 

I can't believe someone with such an unspeakably dull name be a prima donna!! Different if it was Julio Casagrande de Oliviera Escobar, or something like that.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Do Partick suffer the same issue that Spurs have? Knowing that Doolan is clearly first choice striker in a system where only 1 player plays. In the same way Spurs can't get a decent second forward because nobody will ever play ahead of Kane.

So you're then reduced to dross who can find a club, or a player who's got no real ambition and is happy to sit on the bench and pick up a wage.

I'd guess that kind of thinking plays a part for some players. Doolan is the main striker at a club who primarily only use one, and people will see that and guess they'd be stuck behind him a lot of the time.

The reality is though, through sub appearances, the games where we play 3-5-2 and all the times Archie will try something a bit different, any (decent) striker will get plenty of opportunities, either with Doolan or at his expense. As mentioned already, Azeez played every single game last season.

I'd go as far as saying if we did approach someone who was reticent purely because Doolan would  be ahead of them in the pecking order, then we wouldn't want to sign them anyway.  Need to have a little bit more ambition and confidence than that, particularly in that position.  I want someone coming in that looks at Doolan's very good record over the past few seasons and knows they're going to do better.  

And someone who knows how to place it anywhere on target apart from straight at the keeper.  That too.

Everyone freaking out and wanting to sign an average player once again. He's ok but he's not an improvement. There is a reason he bounces around clubs. Average at best and we don't need that. He'd still want a decent wage.

I'll laugh when Graham signs for another club with all this hysterical chat on the thread. Archie I am sure is working hard on options but hopefully some options that improve the squad and we can get in with a 2/3 year contract and possible resell value.

If Archie does bring him in then so be it and hopefully he can show he's a force in the league for us. I suppose we will wait and see.

2 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

Everyone freaking out and wanting to sign an average player once again. He's ok but he's not an improvement. There is a reason he bounces around clubs. Average at best and we don't need that. He'd still want a decent wage.

I'll laugh when Graham signs for another club with all this hysterical chat on the thread. Archie I am sure is working hard on options but hopefully some options that improve the squad and we can get in with a 2/3 year contract and possible resell value.

If Archie does bring him in then so be it and hopefully he can show he's a force in the league for us. I suppose we will wait and see.

He's absolutely an improvement on Kevin fucking Nisbet. 

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Archie will pull a tactical masterstroke to put these diddies to the sword.
Either Nisbet and Erskine up front of a 3-5-2 or Edwards drafted into a forward role in a 4-3-3 emoji211.pngemoji211.pngemoji211.png

We should play a 343, Cerny in goals(obviously), back 3 of Keown, Devine and Turnbull, Nitriansky and Elliott as wing backs, Bannigan and Edwards in the middle of the park as Osman is clearly not fit then a front 3 of Spittal(if fit), Erskine and Lawless with Erskine as a false 9 type player(it works for Liverpool!)

)IMG_0702.PNG.1b99ae5fb0123863f8c30baff6ba140b.PNG 

(if Spittal isn't fit Elliott should play right wing and Booth play left wing back)

5 minutes ago, Rednyella said:

Not really hysterical chat when it involves our options as striker for what should be a hugely important last 16 cup tie.

Unless of course you're happy to go with the suggestions made none of whom are actually a striker and one of whom is a full back.

Don't think it's hysterical to point out that that's not really acceptable

Not really hysterical chat when it involves our options as striker for what should be a hugely important last 16 cup tie.
Unless of course you're happy to go with the suggestions made none of whom are actually a striker and one of whom is a full back.
Don't think it's hysterical to point out that that's not really acceptable

We can't sign anyone for tonight's game...

21 minutes ago, Griff Sheridan said:

I suppose a headless chicken striker will work better than a striker who offers absolutely nothing.

Scott Paterson did the Jagzone preview (Archie must can't be fucked with MM atm lol). Gave the impression that Nisbet will start up front and that Spittal and Doolan don't look like making it :(

I still wouldn't risk Doolan until either the St J league game or away to County - f**k gambling on a hamstring injury

I'm looking forward to seeing who does the match reaction on both ends of the camera tonight :lol:

Your honking chat is even better than Nisbet.