The Partick Thistle thread

He hasn't agreed to sign for us no. We've agreed a fee with Aberdeen which gives us permission to speak to him, and the player is interested in the move. That's as far as its went as far as we know.

so you don't really know then

I suspect due to the fact Archie has taken Thistle past signing the likes of Baird, Kerr and mediocre journeyman types, panic signing to bolster the squad he will have a list of 2-3 targets for the forward role and all of them higher quality than we've had in past. With exception of mighty Doolan.
Hopefully we've got one of them and we get that news this week.

Miles Storey would be a good signing.

If we've agreed a fee with the Player and he's interested in the move then hopefully it's just agreeing personal terms and we hear the news very shortly.

It'd then be nice next week to get another right back in the door.

All these fees we're paying! What is going on!?

He's someone I've always suspected would end up at Firhill, probably as a result of him being a local lad. Thought United might sign him to cover Keatings' injury, but they've gone down the McDonald route instead. And, with the fans having pinned their hopes on signing Storey, it would be sod's law that he signs for Saints. Reckon Hibs will get this weekend out of the way before freeing him, leaving him to sign for us.

Fair point Nizzy, and I for one wouldn't have a problem with BG. It was only a few years ago people were creaming themselves at the prospect of him signing for us.

He is an upgrade on any of the strikers (apart from LT) Archie has brought in to displace or support Dools.

Jags fans need to accept where we are in the food chain when it comes to signing players, and at the moment in the premier league I would guess we are probably 11th when it comes to the amount of wages we pay

15 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

Fair point Nizzy, and I for one wouldn't have a problem with BG. It was only a few years ago people were creaming themselves at the prospect of him signing for us.

He is an upgrade on any of the strikers (apart from LT) Archie has brought in to displace or support Dools.

Jags fans need to accept where we are in the food chain when it comes to signing players, and at the moment in the premier league I would guess we are probably 11th when it comes to the amount of wages we pay

I have it on good authority that £500 a week is the maximum we'll pay.

After last season, I take it we're back to being cuddly since we rolled over and let Hearts switch their scheduled home fixture? I had hospitality provisionally in the diary for the November fixture but irrespective of that, playing them at a neutral venue like Murrayfield might have taken the home advantage benefit away from Hearts. Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Rangers would appear to have told them to away f*ck themselves.

Brian Graham would be goal machine compared with Doolan's recent competition. I reckon he'd score more goals in one season than Azeez, Pogba, Eccleston and Banton combined did in their entire Thistle careers. Could score anything up to 6.

4 minutes ago, Walter said:

Brian Graham would be goal machine compared with Doolan's recent competition. I reckon he'd score more goals in one season than Azeez, Pogba, Eccleston and Banton combined did in their entire Thistle careers. Could score anything up to 6.

That just shows that we suck at signing good strikers

Just watched the Jagzone interview with Niall Keown where Michael Max says to Niall since last saturday we have had 2 new additions a centre back and a right back and Niall says yeah its good to get a couple of new faces in -Im aware we signed Turnbull as centre half but havent seen anything about us having signed a new right back?