The Partick Thistle thread

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets a bit edgy when squad numbers don't match with how I want them. The only ones I'm happy to see switched is a centre half and central midfielder, whose numbers should be 4 and 6.

It's unbelievably sad, I'm aware of this. Don't mind stuff like Pogba having 99, just if you've got a 1-11 shirt number don't f**k with the system.

the squad numbers have been updated on our wikipedia page, don't know if it is accurate but it did have Erskine as 10 before today.

If so, Dumbuya wearing 5 and Lindsay 2 is going to wind me up an unreasonable amount.

FFS. I'd only just calmed down from Seaborne 3 and Booth 5.

Am I the only one who quite likes players wearing the wrong numbers? I can't stand 87 or 99 or even 43, but a striker wearing 5 or a centre back wearing 11 is strangely entertaining.

You deserve locked up you fucking c**t

10 minute interview with Archie on PTTV, trying to summarise important parts apart from the "great to be back, players look after themselves during the summer these days, players always keen to do ball work rather than just running etc etc":

-Dumbuya out for 4/5 months minimum, could be longer, sometime that injury can be 12 months but initial signs are good.

-the budget had been increased on top of the extended deals offered to Doolan, Cerny, Booth etc and we were in a stronger position than ever until...

- the fixtures "issue" plus the Dumbuya injury happened on the same day, was a massive blow

- Azeez has been signed to play up front, mentioned competition with Doolan and Pogba and that he brings "electrifying pace".

- obviously looking for a couple of defenders, versatile players

-contrary to what was in the media, the offers to Frans / Miller / Gallacher were good offers

- everyone who had operations in the summer has come through them OK and might not play first couple of friendlies but should be right for start of season...but Elliott has had to get his tonsils out as well.

-spoke to Arthur when we got promoted but we were looking for a player-coach at that time hence Gallacher. Arthur is working with all the keepers bar Cerny.

- Bannigan is training with us, his injury is worse than he thought towards the end of the season. He has a couple of offers on the table elsewhere but he doesn't feel they're right, we'll monitor his injury as we're not too sure about recovery time- if he wants to come back and we feel he's fit we'll sign him.  Archie didn't sound desperate to get him back tho, sounds as if his injury means he'll be out for a while yet.

Edited by Fuctifano

Bannigan is training with us, his injury is worse than he thought towards the end of the season. He has a couple of offers on the table elsewhere but he doesn't feel they're right, we'll monitor his injury as we're not too sure about recovery time- if he wants to come back and we feel he's fit we'll sign him.  Archie didn't sound desperate to get him back tho, sounds as if his injury means he'll be out for a while yet.

Feel sorry for the boy TBH. Very bad timing from his point of view, but that's football.

Feel sorry for the boy TBH. Very bad timing from his point of view, but that's football.

Think the fixtures "issue" (that's what I'm calling it anyway) might have had an impact on our willingness to take a punt on his fitness. Archie also said we're only looking for one more middle to front, which I think will be another wide player. Osman is obviously a nailed on starter and I think the other centre mid position will just be between Welsh / Fraser / Wilson.

But yeah, from Banzo's POV it is a shame, I've no doubt he'd have got himself a reasonable move down south if he had stayed fit.

Think the fixtures "issue" (that's what I'm calling it anyway) might have had an impact on our willingness to take a punt on his fitness. Archie also said we're only looking for one more middle to front, which I think will be another wide player. Osman is obviously a nailed on starter and I think the other centre mid position will just be between Welsh / Fraser / Wilson.

But yeah, from Banzo's POV it is a shame, I've no doubt he'd have got himself a reasonable move down south if he had stayed fit.

:bairn

I've not seen anything earth shattering in Wilson so far, but he put in a good performance against Accies in the last game. We had to keep playing Amoo last season until he eventually reached an acceptable level, but it's one thing keeping going with a misfiring attacking option and quite another sticking with a stuttering central mid (no Welsh digs here - he's not as bad as we make out and never hides). I still think the jury's out on the boy. I trust Archie...