The Partick Thistle thread

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Sounds that Gordon will be staying unless he decides to go somewhere else. Oh well.

Penrice likely to be away though.

The only mention of Penrice is that he’s still here - as in he will be here next season. 

Edited by Slacker

That apart, I'm not thrilled by the amount of guys we're keeping from last season though you'd hope most of them would be backups. If we're signing Bell does that mean O'Ware is moving on as we also have Brownlie, McKenna, Sena, and Holt who can play there (and Mulgrew ovbs).

Not convinced with McKenna at RB (or totally at CB but he's alright there) and I didn't think MacIver was worth persevering with, runs about a lot but that's kind of the bare minimum you expect

I'd be fine with Dobbie other than the fact he'll be on a significant wage for a guy who by the manager's own admission isn't going to start every week..

If Penrice is staying he needs to make a position his own but he's not a full back now, he's too slow to be on the wing and I don't think he's good enough in the centre either.

Watching the Dundee Killie playoff and you can see the jump in quality to what we were up against last year.

From the sound of it McCalls ambition  is at least to be in the playoff final next year and we have to ask ourselves who from our team would get in either of the sides playing tonight. That’s the questions we should be asking when wondering who to resign and release. 

Would Cardle or Williamson be in the Dundee first XI tonight? No.

They done the job for us last year and it’s very much appreciated but they aren’t good enough for what we want to achieve next year.    

That apart, I'm not thrilled by the amount of guys we're keeping from last season though you'd hope most of them would be backups. If we're signing Bell does that mean O'Ware is moving on as we also have Brownlie, McKenna, Sena, and Holt who can play there (and Mulgrew ovbs).
Not convinced with McKenna at RB (or totally at CB but he's alright there) and I didn't think MacIver was worth persevering with, runs about a lot but that's kind of the bare minimum you expect
I'd be fine with Dobbie other than the fact he'll be on a significant wage for a guy who by the manager's own admission isn't going to start every week..
If Penrice is staying he needs to make a position his own but he's not a full back now, he's too slow to be on the wing and I don't think he's good enough in the centre either.
If McCall brings in a lump to play alongside him Dobbie will still score goals.

41 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Apparently interested in Scott Brown of Peterhead. 

Is he not a central midfielder? A bit surprised at that given how many current players we have who can play in central midfield.

Also we are rumoured to be interested in Dunfermline/Airdrieonians Kyle Turner who I believe is also a central midfielder 

Glen's Vodka, there really is no beginning to Scottish Football's class.
Said it elsewhere, the Glen's Vodka advertising board at Palmerston disgusts me almost as much as the Tory one. Both despicable items.

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

Is he not a central midfielder? A bit surprised at that given how many current players we have who can play in central midfield.

Also we are rumoured to be interested in Dunfermline/Airdrieonians Kyle Turner who I believe is also a central midfielder 

You and probably every other championship club.

On 19/05/2021 at 20:59, qos1990 said:

What’s happened to Penrice? He was class when he first came on scene

When Penrice came on the scene he looked like a real prospect. Sadly he's not developed at all. 

He's actually been part of the reason for a steady decline in the team since the start of the first championship season, yet he gets away it because he's "one of our own".

I'd love to know the stats with him in the team and him out the team since he started playing regularly. 

Our run of form in the league this season just happened to coincide with Foster cementing his place at left back.

If Penrice leaves, I won't lose any sleep.