The Partick Thistle thread

I remember thinking during the 18/22 games discussions - “Partick will probably be one of the ones asking for 22, to give them time to get up to speed and make the playoffs”.

18 games played now. What a total fucking riddy for me/us. 

tbf, we were shite for 3 of the first 4 games back after the restart but we've been a bit more solid since then combined with taking advantage of part time teams who have played loads of games in the last month wilting in the last 20 minutes, both tonight and the Clyde game last week were perfect examples of that. An 18 game season with fixtures a bit more spread out might not have had that effect on the part time teams.

Can all still turn around very quickly, and we obviously haven't beaten either Falkirk or Cove this season yet, but if we win on Saturday and Falkirk vs Cove is a draw then I'll start to get a bit dizzy.

What was good about tonight for me was that was Tiffoney's worst game for us by miles and Graham went off at half time (to stop him being sent off) and we still dug it out.

Edited by Fuctifano

On 17/04/2021 at 21:25, jagfox BLM said:

Airdrieonians 1 East Fife 2

Dumbarton 0 Partick Thistle 2

Forfar Athletic 2 Clyde 1

Montrose 1 Cove Rangers 0

Peterhead 1 Falkirk 0

Called it 4 days ago apparently...

I'd have thrown the laptop out the window when Rudden's goal wasn't given and missed the last 20 minutes if it was the last day.

Plus, one of the folk who went to the game and watched over the fence would have died impaling themselves on it when MacIver scored.

Probably best it didn't happen.

Seen a lot of posts on twitter from all over the world saying tonight is the night football saved itself. Apparently it was all heading for the abyss.

I mean, steady on boys and girls, I know the Jags getting a decent away win and going top of the league is a big deal, but the rejoicing online tonight was a bit much.

12 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Seen a lot of posts on twitter from all over the world saying tonight is the night football saved itself. Apparently it was all heading for the abyss.

I mean, steady on boys and girls, I know the Jags getting a decent away win and going top of the league is a big deal, but the rejoicing online tonight was a bit much.

did this at your post involuntarily 😐 

Spreadsheet slightly more bullish than the bookies who had us at 8/11 after last night, haven't checked this morning. If the last 4 or indeed 40 years have you still pessimistic, one win or 2 draws should get us a playoff spot. 

PXL_20210421_070844262.jpg