The Partick Thistle thread

100 years ago today...

In part 7 we meet Willie Hamilton & Bob McFarlane, and take in match day three, as Jags take a third crack at Hibernian. The prize of a winnable tie at East Stirlingshire in 4 days time lay in store for the victors on this stormy Tuesday afternoon at Celtic Park. Saturday's surprise 4-0 win over Morton demonstrated that the 'fringe' Jags were hungry and ready.

For Jimmy McMenemy, it was a return to Parkhead, the place he had called home for almost the entirety of the century. Could this give Thistle the edge? Jags were on a history-making run of 6 consecutive clean-sheets but, in an incredible pre-match scenario, Hibs themselves were 5 games without conceding a goal. What gives?

The Day The Scottish Cup Came Up To Maryhill part 7 →

21-celtic-park.jpg

On this day 100 years ago, it was Shire v Jags in the third round of the Scottish Cup...

arrive nice and early as there's likely to be a rush after the PT special train arrives at Grahamston

... in part 8...

● George Easton's attempted bribery
● Ground record at Bainsford
● Meet Jimmy Kinloch
● Held at gun-point by the black and tans

The Day The Scottish Cup Came Up To Maryhill part 8 →

21-merchiston-park.jpg

3 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Anyone know the Thiste supporting band or song on A View From The Terrace this week?

I recognised them, don’t personally know them that well though Ian McKinnon is a regular pre pandemic in the john Lambie stand and knows a lad I used to work with, saw him at a lot of home and away games 

I loved the song and it’s for a great cause with the proceeds going to the Charitable Trust. Well done to them both. Something to give us a lift during these dark times 

Well done to Ian and Neil and the backing bands are all Jags fans.

Probably my favourite Thistle thing in years.

All proceeds go to PTFC Charitable Trust who have done great work for many people during difficult times.

https://thelambiemcparlands.bandcamp.com/track/return-to-firhill-road

💛

Edited by jagfox BLM

11 hours ago, The Firhill Frozen Pie said:

Is the we are thistle website dead? How does anyone new sign up to it? I tried but it looks fucked.

Took 6 months to set TTA profile up and could only do that by sending a few PMs to admin from a pre-existing account. Pathetic set up, don't know why they even bother if that's how it has to be.

Took 6 months to set TTA profile up and could only do that by sending a few PMs to admin from a pre-existing account. Pathetic set up, don't know why they even bother if that's how it has to be.

That’s a bit of a kick in the teeth of wearethistle.

It seems to me to that you have a fairly good thread on the go there and have had some decent contributions from some forum members.

2 hours ago, The Thistle Archive said:

Yeah it is asking for security check captcha but because it is broken it won't allow sign up, sounds like too much of a hassle 6 months wow! Must be a bit of a closed shop if that is the case lol

3 hours ago, jagfox BLM said:

Well done to Ian and Neil and the backing bands are all Jags fans.

Probably my favourite Thistle thing in years.

All proceeds go to PTFC Charitable Trust who have done great work for many people during difficult times.

💛

Where do you buy/donate to this? I was genuinely emotional watching this on avftt last night, although I was blazing too.

4 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

That’s a bit of a kick in the teeth of wearethistle. It seems to me to that you have a fairly good thread on the go there and have had some decent contributions from some forum members.

A bit strong, a "much needed kick up the arse" is much more like it. See below.

2 hours ago, The Firhill Frozen Pie said:

Yeah it is asking for security check captcha but because it is broken it won't allow sign up, sounds like too much of a hassle 6 months wow! Must be a bit of a closed shop if that is the case lol

The issue of not being able to sign-up without an unreasonable amount of hassle has been rumbling on for a few years now, the admin seemingly unwilling/unable to resolve the problems, the result being that a vibrant forum of hundreds has dwindled to a few tens. It's a pity, as I still think there's a place for a forum to discuss the many and varied niche topics of PTFC.