The Partick Thistle thread

9 goals in 10 games, and 1 of those from a penalty and another a corner is really grim reading.

Certainly a valid point that we don't need both of Docherty and Bannigan playing, but the output from Murray / Cardle /Gordon /Lyons has been dismal. Probably add Penrice to that list too as he's played as a winger for half the season now. 

Assume SKA is back to Livi when the window opens and I wonder if Breen might go back as well to free up another loan spot if he's 4th choice CB. O'Ware another one with no injury update in weeks and would also be 5th choice CB so he could go instead 

Edit :assume the window is still January and its not been shunted back because of the late start? 

Edited by Fuctifano

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

9 goals in 10 games, and 1 of those from a penalty and another a corner is really grim reading.

Certainly a valid point that we don't need both of Docherty and Bannigan playing, but the output from Murray / Cardle /Gordon /Lyons has been dismal. Probably add Penrice to that list too as he's played as a winger for half the season now. 

Assume SKA is back to Livi when the window opens and I wonder if Breen might go back as well to free up another loan spot if he's 4th choice CB. O'Ware another one with no injury update in weeks and would also be 5th choice CB so he could go instead 

Edit :assume the window is still January and its not been shunted back because of the late start? 

January window..January 2nd to February 1st.

33 minutes ago, dave.j said:

I love the idea that we are some cash rich club ready to go wild in January to bring in a striker, a number 10 and a central midfield playmaker. 

But at the same time are too poor to sack an under performing manager. 

Even if we were, I wouldn't trust McCall with it.

5 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

It’s extremely grim reading, although I’d argue where the goals come from are completely irrelevant, couldn’t care whether every goal we score was a deflection, as long as they go in. We’re doing okay, defensively, but we really need a Goalscorer, and a bit more creativity in the team. 

Unfortunately yes.
To be fair, most of us were pretty happy with his summer recruitment and thought it was a squad which should be challenging for the top spot. The problem is that we're less than the sum of our parts. Too many players have failed to live up to expectations.

Personally I’d try for Alan Trouten since he’s a thistle fan so might actually give a shit and can’t be any worse than what we have. 
I’m sure we have multiple lists for each position with A/B/C targets because we are soo organised behind the scenes 🙄

4 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
7 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:
Unfortunately yes.

To be fair, most of us were pretty happy with his summer recruitment and thought it was a squad which should be challenging for the top spot. The problem is that we're less than the sum of our parts. Too many players have failed to live up to expectations.

Spot on. Similar story in last January’s transfer window. 

Join us for Episode 27 of Draw, Lose or Draw. Listen in as we discuss last Saturday’s goalless draw with Falkirk and preview this weekend’s game with Clyde. We also chat about Zak Rudden’s red card, our lack of goals, our positive defensive record, what we need in January, changes to the lineup for Saturday and the big question is the title race still on?

This episode also includes day 5 of our Christmas feature, the 12 Days of Archie.

2 hours ago, Midlife Crisis said:

One of the WAT experts has cracked it - we’re shit because we’ve had to rebuild the squad. Not because we’ve got shit players or a shit management team.

Does every team that rebuilds their squad, immediately become shit?