The Partick Thistle thread

3 hours ago, third lanark said:

Probably not a popular opinion but you could say that even more so about banzo. Guy has done nothing in 3 years and been rewarded with a 2 year deal. Absolutely mind boggling 

Agreed. The management team appear blind to the fact that both O’Ware and Bannigan have been awful for 3 seasons yet keep getting rewarded with contract extensions. . If fit, they are shoe ins for a place in the team. We had Scally pre match going on about how big a player O’Ware is for the team. He must be seeing things that no other jags fans have seen since he (O’Ware) joined the club.

Edited by Sting777

On 16/10/2020 at 15:24, Sheriff Harry S. Truman said:

Had my first ever non-uni/school bit of writing published recently and wrote a bit about how you lot are shaping up this season. Feel free to take a look if you’ve got the time and agree or disagree with what I’ve said!

https://thelocalscot.co.uk/f/the-5-teams-to-watch-in-the-scottish-lower-leagues-this-season

Back to the drawing board mate 😂

18 hours ago, Nightmare said:

It’s been a long summer full of this happy clapping pish. Him and his mates talking about strolling this league, pumping teams, going unbeaten, etc. Read a Tweet the other day saying we had the best attack outside the top six in the country, ffs.

A staggering lack of self-awareness shown by so many people in our fanbase. I have no issue with fans of everyone else ripping the pish out of it. These c***s deserve it.

Wonder if him and his wee pals think the second division is a jolly now?

11 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Agreed. The management team appear blind to the fact that both O’Ware and Bannigan have been awful for 3 seasons yet keep getting rewarded with contract extensions. . If fit, they are shoe ins for a place in the team. We had Scally pre match going on about how big a player O’Ware is for the team. He must be seeing things that no other jags fans have seen since he (O’Ware) joined the club.

Maybe Caldwell was into something last year, when he was trying to punt them. 

Edited by knighthawk

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

🎣.... 

To be fair I doubt Queen of the South fans will be overly chuffed with the performances of their manager, players etc over the last couple of years. They have been better than ours but I’m sure they have their concerns too.  Like us their manager and players should be doing far better 

Edited by third lanark

4 minutes ago, third lanark said:

To be fair I doubt Queen of the South fans will be overly chuffed with the performances of their manager, players etc over the last couple of years. They have been better than ours but I’m sure they have their concerns too.  Like us their manager and players should be doing far better 

Queens can have McCall back anytime.

With the start of the new League season, we've re-shaped our home page to include a permanently embedded League table, which also feeds in to our 2020/21 overview page .

While we're at it, we've complemented our 2020-21 Squad Stats table by introducing a 4 column at-a-glance summary, focused on 'In The Jersey', 'Appearances', 'Goals' and 'Assists'. These are double-fed into the site; under 'Latest Jags Action' on the aforementioned home page  (click on 'Squad Stats 2020-21' to openly view) as well as being included in the aforementioned 2020/21 overview page. We'll be updating the data after each and every match, so it'll be worth your while to check back regularly, if you're interested in this sort of stuff.

tw-home=page.jpg

15 hours ago, JagsCG said:

No my logic isn’t miles off at all, you made a comment about the medical staff, and I’m saying that it’s got nothing to do with the medical staff that Blair Lyons match fitness isn’t up to what it either should be, or will be in the next few weeks. A player can be incredibly fit, I’m sure he is quite fit, and not be match fit, that’s the point. To get match fit, you need to play matches, he’s not played many. If you want to blame McCall’s training then, fair enough, I’d suggest it’s far more likely, he’s still finding match fitness because he hasn’t played as many matches as he needs, to fully get up to speed after 6/7 months out of action, why hasn’t he played as many matches as need be? Your guess is as good as mine, to blame Medical Staff is insane and wildly inaccurate. 

Point taken. But with medical team I was also talking about the academy fitness coach we have had in on a full time basis. 

But let’s not get drawn in by McCall’s comments about fitness. He is a manger of a football team, with 2 assistants Sport science the lot. & after 10+ training & friendly games, for him to come out and say a player isn’t fit. For me that just screens incompetent. It’s the exact same for all other teams in our league & players.

Hate to keep in saying this but we are a full time team with full time training methods, and full time athletes. So I’m not buying players are not fit. If they aren’t fit then there is serious concerns moving forward.

1 hour ago, Jollyjag said:

After yesterday’s performance I don’t know how we even start To  go forward oh for a Scott McDonald type player 100 per cent every game 

Potentially I’m hoping that’s Brian Graham as long as he cuts out the stupidity such as last Tuesday night

2 hours ago, knighthawk said:

Point taken. But with medical team I was also talking about the academy fitness coach we have had in on a full time basis. 

But let’s not get drawn in by McCall’s comments about fitness. He is a manger of a football team, with 2 assistants Sport science the lot. & after 10+ training & friendly games, for him to come out and say a player isn’t fit. For me that just screens incompetent. It’s the exact same for all other teams in our league & players.

Hate to keep in saying this but we are a full time team with full time training methods, and full time athletes. So I’m not buying players are not fit. If they aren’t fit then there is serious concerns moving forward.

I’m beginning to wonder what our full time training methods are.

under Archie as manager I had some concerns about the number of players we had pick up injuries potentially in training- I’m probably putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but he will have some say on the training we are doing now and I’m a bit concerned with some of the injuries we are picking up - Rudden in particular and very concerned as to how unfit the players looked yesterday 

2 hours ago, third lanark said:

I’m beginning to wonder what our full time training methods are.

under Archie as manager I had some concerns about the number of players we had pick up injuries potentially in training- I’m probably putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 but he will have some say on the training we are doing now and I’m a bit concerned with some of the injuries we are picking up - Rudden in particular and very concerned as to how unfit the players looked yesterday 

It’s not just the injuries it’s the level of fitness that’s worrying. It was apparent under Archies last tenure we’d be blowing out our arses last 20 minutes and subsequently lost so many games with goals late on, plus a load of training injuries then. Clyde looked fitter and faster than us. 

2 hours ago, thenolly said:

It’s not just the injuries it’s the level of fitness that’s worrying. It was apparent under Archies last tenure we’d be blowing out our arses last 20 minutes and subsequently lost so many games with goals late on, plus a load of training injuries then. Clyde looked fitter and faster than us. 

Did we not have Junior Mendes as our fitness coach through most of Archie's reign?

If the Thistle players arent each among the fittest players in what is mostly a part time division, something isnt right.

On 17/10/2020 at 18:56, BdenJag said:

Why do we have two assistant managers? Absolute nonsense

Effectively we have those two as coaches. So no issue quantity wie. Quality wise not happy with things at all...