The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Are people new to Ian McCall? He's said stuff like that his entire managerial career and still it gets a reaction.

He had our support on strings when we won the league in 2002. 

“Airdrie are a much better footballing side than Thistle”

“We were the best team in the league for six months” etc 

3 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Yeah I did see it too, i get why it seems arrogant, and if someone said it about Thistle I’d be annoyed too, but I also get what Ian McCall meant, I think some people on twitter just take things too far, he’s quite clearly saying he didn’t think BSC were as good a test for the boys as Hearts, and the Hearts game was our first proper test, because Hearts and our next friendly, Ayr, are both above us in the SPFL, of course I’ve explained what I think he meant, way better than McCall did, but I seriously doubt he set out in that interview to be disrespectful to anyone, he’s been around long enough to know how good non-SPFL teams can be. A lot of people, who don’t particularly like Ian anyway (for various reasons) have jumped on it, including the BSC Glasgow manager, who apparently got sent off (yes - in a friendly) last week, so something’s already went on there I assume. 

Cool story bro. Totally wrong though. Stephen Swift did not get sent off. 

37 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Cool story bro. Totally wrong though. Stephen Swift did not get sent off. 

Fair Enough, if that's the truth and someone else got the Red, but that's what was said on JagZone. Stephen Swift definitely had some sort of gripe with McCall though, as confirmed by him on twitter.

Edited by JagsCG

41 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Fair Enough, if that's the truth and someone else got the Red, but that's what was said on JagZone. Stephen Swift definitely had some sort of gripe with McCall though, as confirmed by him on twitter.

Whatever the gripe is it doesn't hide the lack of class shown by McCall. The fact is BSC were approached by Thistle for this game not the other way around. Thistle would do better making friends not creating new enemies. 

16 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Whatever the gripe is it doesn't hide the lack of class shown by McCall. The fact is BSC were approached by Thistle for this game not the other way around. Thistle would do better making friends not creating new enemies. 

McCall is a cock. He doesn't represent most Jags fans.

12 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

We arent far off being a total diddy team. A diddy club with diddies in charge.

If you look at the standards and quality of players at this level, its understandable why clubs in league 1 & 2 are starting to look over there shoulders.

43 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Glorified boys club (whatever that means?) who got further in last seasons Scottish Cup than he did.

We got put out by Celtic, the following round you got put out by Hibs. Not sure it holds much relevance to any the points made. BSC I’m sure have some decent players for their level, and put a lot of effort in, as players at part-time clubs usually do. However it’s accurate to argue, Hearts were a far bigger test for our players than BSC Glasgow were. We have Hearts, Ayr and then St Mirren, all teams, if you’re being honest above the levels of BSC it has to be said surely.