The Partick Thistle thread

30 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Take a day off pal.......

Karma eh big teams get to finish season while yours, Hearts and Stranraers for that matter doesnt even get to start after the marquee signings, training ground debacle and paltry 900 or so season books shifted this could may well spell disaster.  No wonder Colin Weir done his bollocks and Jimmy Long Was right to use Due dilligance before purchasing Thistle after he saw who was on the board.

14 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

if we can draw Rangers* at Firhill in one of the cups so some of their minky fans hang around and indulge in some petty thievery again, that'd be just lovely

IT WOULD BE A TERRIBLE SHAME IF YOU WERE TO STEAL AND BURN THESE FLAGS, LADS

Unfortunately, given their thought of "no-one likes us, we don't care", they'd probably see some kind of kinship with the sentiment.  Urgh.

11 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

Karma eh big teams get to finish season while yours, Hearts and Stranraers for that matter doesnt even get to start after the marquee signings, training ground debacle and paltry 900 or so season books shifted this could may well spell disaster.  No wonder Colin Weir done his bollocks and Jimmy Long Was right to use Due dilligance before purchasing Thistle after he saw who was on the board.

What a sad life you must lead

12 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

No need for the comments about Colin Weir. Show a bit respect.

1 hour ago, GrahamJags said:

There was a vote to end the season early, which would therefore relegate the clubs, so yes there was.

Ah, so the vote was not specifically one to decide if the named teams stayed in the leagues they were bottom of then?

So no such vote took place then?

Will Thistle continue to plough valuable resources traditionally meant for the first team into rainbow related projects and women's football now that the financial landscape has changed somewhat? Maybe time to refocus on important things now before it's too late.  Just saying.

9 minutes ago, Wee Norrie said:

Will Thistle continue to plough valuable resources traditionally meant for the first team into rainbow related projects and women's football now that the financial landscape has changed somewhat? Maybe time to refocus on important things now before it's too late.  Just saying.

Considering we’ve just appointed a new managerial team to the women’s team, then yes we’ll continue to have one. What “valuable resources” are you specifically enquiring about? The women’s team have very little to do with the men’s team is what we’ve been told before (certainly from a financial aspect). What’s a “rainbow related project”, if you mean being an LGBT friendly football environment, then yes absolutely we will continue being one I’d imagine. 

The resources that I mention means money.  Okay, I'll have to assume by your answer that  Thistle's women's football is financially self supporting (if that's what you've been told) and if that is the case, I would have no issue (if I was a Thistle fan).

As for rainbow issues, I was unaware that there is a problem with anyone's sexual preference with regards to football. Probably one more unnecessary box ticking exercise in my humble opinion. Aw well, as long as it keeps someone employed. Personally I would spend all the clubs energy and resource on first team footballing matters. 

40 minutes ago, Wee Norrie said:

The resources that I mention means money.  Okay, I'll have to assume by your answer that  Thistle's women's football is financially self supporting (if that's what you've been told) and if that is the case, I would have no issue (if I was a Thistle fan).

As for rainbow issues, I was unaware that there is a problem with anyone's sexual preference with regards to football. Probably one more unnecessary box ticking exercise in my humble opinion. Aw well, as long as it keeps someone employed. Personally I would spend all the clubs energy and resource on first team footballing matters. 

Can only assume these "rainbow issues" you are on about are the rainbow colours on our away strips last season? Or Thistle's positive engagement with the LGBT+ community? Considering neither cost the club money and are examples of probably the only positive PR from the club in the last few years, I'm not sure what your blubbering about.

As for your suggestion that football doesnt have a problem with homosexuality...seriously? 

Away you go.

1 hour ago, Wee Norrie said:

Really? No problems for people who are LGBT in football? What planet are you residing on?

1 hour ago, Wee Norrie said:

Ah yes that will be why there isn’t a single openly gay current professional mens footballer in the UK, only one in Europe and only three on the entire planet, despite it being estimated that 7% of the world’s adult male population is either gay, bisexual or otherwise do not identify as heterosexual.

But sure, football doesn’t have a problem.

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Does anyone know what “rainbow related projects” we’re spending a fortune on? I genuinely haven’t got a clue.

We’ve paid to get Rod Jane and Freddy back in the studio to record a rap album with Zippy. Unfortunately Bungo and George were too busy designing flags for the club to get involved.

13 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Ah yes that will be why there isn’t a single openly gay current professional mens footballer in the UK, only one in Europe and only three on the entire planet, despite it being estimated that 7% of the world’s adult male population is either gay, bisexual or otherwise do not identify as heterosexual.

But sure, football doesn’t have a problem.

Surely the fact that television, acting, hairdressing etc probably has far more than 7% of that quota, why have you a problem with professional football not attracting gay men? I really fail to see why it's important to know about someone's sexual preferences, or have a problem with them keeping it private if they want to.  I don't hear people in the aforementioned traditional gay avenues bleating about heterosexuals being under represented.  

You guys can of course focus on what you want, but I'm glad that my club just seem to focus on mainly football issues (even if they're not very good at it). Personally I would keep politics well away from football, but everyone to his own.