The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

I see we’ve launched a “Supporter Recognition Award”.

Surprised that it’s been put to nominations and not just been given to lifelong fan Colin Weir.

I'll be interested to see who wins the award for most exasperated fan in three seasons of complete and utter shit on the park. Perhaps that'll just become a badge of office.

The Thistle Archive tour (3/4) - Lists

In our Result's Summaries section we've compiled 21 tables (all with sortable headers) to summarize all sorts of match data up to the end of the last season. Answers to a myriad of stats queries are at your fingertips with these tables, which include tallies of results, clean-sheets, penalty goals, penalty misses, yellow and red cards, 1875-76 to 2019-20. For example, if you wanted to know on which ground (away from home) we've had most competitive wins, you'd check the Results Summary by venue table, where you'd discover we've won more competitive matches at Cappielow (43) than anywhere else, closely followed by Hampden Park (41).

We've met 143 clubs in competitive action and we have H2H profiles for each and every one of these, comprehensive where merited e.g. basic for LASK Linz and more advanced for Motherwell, where you'll find detailed tabs for results summary, record scores, record sequences and all individual scorers as well as the full list of matches.

Other list section pages cater for club-records, tables and goals, with our All-time goalscorers charts (inc. every goal), Top scorers per season and Every known hat-trick lists being particularly noteworthy. FYI, we're currently finalizing the tabulation of our minor League and Cup tables, and you can expect to see these very soon.

Elsewhere, the lists section veers off the beaten track with a number of unusual pages, so it's well worth exploring at your leisure. The section finishes with an A-Z profiling all known match officials, 1876 to date, where you'll find a special mention for the ridiculous duo Barry Cook and Jordan Stokoe.

Any questions / ideas fire away, final part of the tour in a couple of days...

the-thistle-archive.jpg

Edited by The Thistle Archive

3 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

Surprised that it’s been put to nominations and not just been given to lifelong fan Colin Weir.

It’ll be him or Jacqui that win, or one of the cult

2 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

McCall has been talking about exciting football - will be disappointing if we’re playing five defenders in league one.

We won’t be. If it’s a 3-5-2, it’ll be wing-backs, acting as wingers, not defenders. I’m not a 3-5-2 fan but it’s more often than not, an attacking formation than it is a defensive one. It’d be interesting to see what he’d do at the left hand side, because Penrice hasn’t got the attacking qualities for a wing-back, in my view, and Lyons may not have the defensive qualities to play it fully either. 

6 hours ago, JagsCG said:

We won’t be. If it’s a 3-5-2, it’ll be wing-backs, acting as wingers, not defenders. I’m not a 3-5-2 fan but it’s more often than not, an attacking formation than it is a defensive one. It’d be interesting to see what he’d do at the left hand side, because Penrice hasn’t got the attacking qualities for a wing-back, in my view, and Lyons may not have the defensive qualities to play it fully either. 

He may decide to use Foster at left wing back and Williamson at right wing back

Ah good shout. Would be interesting to see that. 

Sorry, it wouldn't be interesting. I don't think McCall rates Williamson at all. I think foster and Penrice will be full or wingbacks at the beginning of the season unless someone is brought in who can dislodge Penrice, we need cover there anyway.

7 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
4 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Sorry, it wouldn't be interesting. I don't think McCall rates Williamson at all. I think foster and Penrice will be full or wingbacks at the beginning of the season unless someone is brought in who can dislodge Penrice, we need cover there anyway.

Penrice has no pace. He is a wage thief. If we are playing 3 centre backs then Williamson is a better forward player than Penrice and we could likely afford to cover him from the 3 cb's.

Penrice has no pace. He is a wage thief. If we are playing 3 centre backs then Williamson is a better forward player than Penrice and we could likely afford to cover him from the 3 cb's.
I agree with a lot of what you say. But McCall likes him so I think he'll be first choice unless someone else is signed there.

3 hours ago, jaggyness said:
7 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Disagree, if it’s a 3-5-2 @Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier is right, it’s likely it could be Foster and Williamson, due to the fact, Williamson is better going forward than he is defensively, it suits him. Penrice is not particularly good going forward. There is no evidence to suggest McCall doesn’t rate Williamson, especially at a wing-back role, Williamson was injured for months remember. We ended the season with Shea Gordon playing Right wing-back, and he was solid but didn’t actually offer much. 

On 14/09/2020 at 16:42, GrahamJags said:

Does anyone remember around 2005/06ish there was a ptfc.net meetup in Munns and they all chipped in and gave Lianne a trophy like a weans team would get from the football trophy centre? :lol: Beyond weird.

Think we gave Campbell Hughes one as well cause he went to Stenny in a huff.

Edited by Benidorm

28 minutes ago, thenolly said:

Talk on other forums of Academy making staff redundant hence why 1st team players taking woman’s team management jobs.

Has the 3BC cash run out?

3BC has one director. J. Low. Go figure. If you are talking Weir money, who knows, its probably that his estate is all tied up with lawyers just now and will probably take a good while to sort.

And the Academy and women's team are different entities.

Edited by Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier

10 hours ago, thenolly said:

Talk on other forums of Academy making staff redundant hence why 1st team players taking woman’s team management jobs.

Has the 3BC cash run out?

There’s no doubt, that money saving is part of the reasons they are, but on this occasion, it could actually turn out to be good for the club, and the individuals obviously.