The Partick Thistle thread

8 minutes ago, thenolly said:

Where’s all the supporters that pushed for Thistle Forever, demanding Beattie etc sold. Zero comments or support on social media these days.  The Quinn’s Nesbits Herons Middletons etc. 

Wheres the chairs cult driving this on?

Have they realized Paul Goodwin has sold us new set of clothes for the emperor? 
He has also disappeared (except for the constant spam mails from his Scottish Football supporters trust)

They achieved their aim. Thistle For Ever was a con, hurriedly cobbled together as a means to blocking the takeover from Lee & Conway. The whole thing was backed by Low under the guise of fan ownership, as a way for her to ultimately end up with full control.

They can use COVID as an excuse for the complete lack of progress, and many will buy it, but I doubt we’d be any closer to “fan ownership” if things had been operating normally for the last 6 months. She’ll continue to move the goalposts every so often in an attempt to pretend progress is being made, while ultimately f**k all is happening. If anything, the COVID shutdown has been perfect for her.

6 hours ago, Nightmare said:

They achieved their aim. Thistle For Ever was a con, hurriedly cobbled together as a means to blocking the takeover from Lee & Conway. The whole thing was backed by Low under the guise of fan ownership, as a way for her to ultimately end up with full control.

They can use COVID as an excuse for the complete lack of progress, and many will buy it, but I doubt we’d be any closer to “fan ownership” if things had been operating normally for the last 6 months. She’ll continue to move the goalposts every so often in an attempt to pretend progress is being made, while ultimately f**k all is happening. If anything, the COVID shutdown has been perfect for her.

Surely the weir family will have the say  in how this progresses not  Jlow

1 hour ago, Midlife Crisis said:

Does it not then come down to who owns 3BC - and if that was Colin Weir, then his shares in 3BC and subsequently the PTFC shares owned by 3BC, are part of his estate?

Usually yes, the shares pass to the deceased estate. Unless there is anything in Colin Weir's will stating otherwise. I'm thinking since MBM solicitors are appointed directors in the Three Black Cats at the moment, that the former is more likely and it's just a combination of a complex large wealth and Covid restrictions that are slowing things down. 

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC005417/filing-history

3 appointments to the board showing up on Companies House today along with Charan Gil resigning.

Dougle Noble who worked at Wetherby's Private Bank where Jacqui Low was on the board, Michael Robertson who was appointed to the board last time Low was at the club and Alan Rough who Low appointed last time too. All appointments made with moving towards fan ownership in mind I'm sure.

16 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC005417/filing-history

3 appointments to the board showing up on Companies House today along with Charan Gil resigning.

Dougle Noble who worked at Wetherby's Private Bank where Jacqui Low was on the board, Michael Robertson who was appointed to the board last time Low was at the club and Alan Rough who Low appointed last time too. All appointments made with moving towards fan ownership in mind I'm sure.

Good to see the drive to fan ownership under Low’s stewardship continues unabated. I’m sure appointing two of her pals to the board isn’t at all to do with ensuring ongoing control.

Edited by VladimirMooc

35 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

Good to see the drive to fan ownership under Low’s stewardship continues unabated. I’m sure appointing two of her pals to the board isn’t at all to do with ensuring ongoing control.

Absolutely. How anyone can doubt. Low's fan ownership intentions is beyond me!

10 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Absolutely. How anyone can doubt. Low's fan ownership intentions is beyond me!

A club with under 2000 fans with a turnover next year likely to be around the £2million mark and we have 8 on the board plus Gerry. 

This shows what a shambles  we’ve become

Colin Weir might actually be one of the worst things to happen to the club.

His main contributions were money frittered away on shite like Miles Storey and Conor Sammon and then giving carte blanche to Jacqui Low and the spineless fans to run the club into the ground. Infact, I'm not even sure who is running what giving all Jacqui's pals seemingly are in place on the board. We're actually worse off than what we were before he arrived on his ego trip.

Edited by keithgy

4 hours ago, Benidorm said:

His main contributions were money frittered away on shite like Miles Storey and Conor Sammon and then giving carte blanche to Jacqui Low and the spineless fans to run the club into the ground. Infact, I'm not even sure who is running what giving all Jacqui's pals seemingly are in place on the board. We're actually worse off than what we were before he arrived on his ego trip.

Totally agree. Excepting your last sentence. 

Edited by keithgy

I still don’t know of anyone who ever remembers him attending Firhill prior to him investing 

Edited by keithgy

There is absolutely no need for that last paragraph tbh. 

Edited by keithgy