The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, JagsCG said:

The only 2 who triggered their release clauses, were  2 of the biggest culprits of our problems last season, in fact it may actually have been better if a few more triggered it too. The delusion runs deep in you! 

It's not delusion, it's just awful attempts at trolling by a dribbling imbecile. Best to stick him on ignore.

Livi have apparently agreed a deal with QPR to sell Lyndon Dykes for £2m. It got me thinking again about Liam Lindsay and the frankly derisory sum we let him go for.

Did LL have a clause in his contract that stipulated he could go to an EFL club if a bid of, say, £300k was made? Was it him having a year left on his contract made our board eager to accept such a low amount? Or were our board just shitebags who were afraid of holding out for an amount he was clearly worth (and a championship club could clearly afford)?

5 hours ago, JagsCG said:

The only 2 who triggered their release clauses, were  2 of the biggest culprits of our problems last season, in fact it may actually have been better if a few more triggered it too. The delusion runs deep in you! 

Delusion runs deeper amongst Thistle support in showing support to Jackie Low and the organisation !  No wonder Jimmy Long and Chien Lee used their 'due dilligance' Ps Did you get the training ground access roads sussed out yet ? 

5 hours ago, velo army said:

Livi have apparently agreed a deal with QPR to sell Lyndon Dykes for £2m. It got me thinking again about Liam Lindsay and the frankly derisory sum we let him go for.

Did LL have a clause in his contract that stipulated he could go to an EFL club if a bid of, say, £300k was made? Was it him having a year left on his contract made our board eager to accept such a low amount? Or were our board just shitebags who were afraid of holding out for an amount he was clearly worth (and a championship club could clearly afford)?

I'm going by a hazy memory of something I read on here, but the rumour springing to mind wasn't an official clause in his contract but a gentleman's agreement was reached when he signed his final contract with us that we'd sell him for a set figure.

Whatever it was it's always going to remain incredibly frustrating that one of the very few players we're likely to ever see at the club get into the top flight team of the season went for <£1M.

5 hours ago, velo army said:

Glad QoS had a good % sell on clause 💰

11 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I'm going by a hazy memory of something I read on here, but the rumour springing to mind wasn't an official clause in his contract but a gentleman's agreement was reached when he signed his final contract with us that we'd sell him for a set figure.

Whatever it was it's always going to remain incredibly frustrating that one of the very few players we're likely to ever see at the club get into the top flight team of the season went for <£1M.

Not so cuddly anymore...

Edging a bit more towards picking up a season ticket now.  I want to be able to go, I miss it, and it was the thought of actually going being replaced by a stream that I'd have little interest in.  If we're looking at being able to attend home games more often than not (barring some catastrophic shit in the winter) then I'm all in.