The Partick Thistle thread

I fear for Thistle on the back of this debacle as the club seems to be in a bit of disarray and I think have perhaps been to some degree dragged into and through this mess,  but it has to be said dragged in willingly unlike the other 3 who were likewise dragged in but by deposition.  Going against the establishment was always going to be risky and you have to think both clubs (HMFC & PTFC) have been rash and poorly advised.

There was never an outcome to the entire (initial) issue that was going to be fair to all and I was disappointed to see my club voted against re-construction as it appeared the best way out but perhaps there was more to that plan than meets the eye, we may never know.  Though its fair to say I was entirely sympathetic to the clubs that the calling of the season unfairly disadvantaged though my sympathy went by the by when things went legal and Rovers were named. 

Hopefully Thistle and Falkirk will sort themselves out (both should be in a better place), but my main hope is that Scottish Football will learn from this embarrassing episode and at some point we can have a much better set up and make Scottsh football if not great then at least not a laughing stock.

Genuinely wishing you all the best for the coming season.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'll be surprised if you're not fined something. If you'd followed the rules arbitration could've been dealt with two months ago and we'd all well be down the road to the new season. You broke the rules, wasted everyone's time with a court case that wasn't required, and Hearts openly admitted that stopping the new season starting was one of the aims if they didn't get what they want. If that isn't bringing the game into disrepute and worthy of some sort of fine then I don't know what is.

It was fair enough trying to go for reconstruction first, when it didn't happen that was the time to call it a day, even with the free QC who never even appeared in court.

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Never mind guys, a new page and all that.

Off topic, but I'm 100% sure this was the backing track for the relaunch of what was then known as the "Kids Club" at Firhill, before it became whatever it is now. The offering was "Join the Kids Club and get a free hat and scarf".

Willie Kinniburgh put a pair of Y-fronts on his head and said to camera, deadpan, "Join the Kids Club and get a free pair of pants".

We are now more of a shambles of a football club than then.

But I ask everyone associated with Thistle to never forget today. To never forget how it feels to be relegated unfairly. To never forget that there are many good decent people and clubs in Scotland who stood with us, publicly and privately – but there are some whose fear and self-interest got in the way of doing the right thing.

When I said I wanted Thistle to be able to compete with the Old Firm I didn't mean like this. What a fucking embarrassment of a statement.

19 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I’d honestly rather Dunfermline ceased to exist than my club issue a statement like that.

Truly mortifying.

Aye, so you would. Not a true fan with a statement like that or are you more motivated towards a wind up?

You are right, re the statement. Utter embarrassment and as many have said on here the management and leadership has been poor at both the top of the spfl and Thistle, no arguement there.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Jacqui Low with another birthday card pish type statement.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/message-to-the-partick-thistle-family/

Came on to rip the pish and then read that.

Nothing but pity for you lads now.

43 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I’d honestly rather Dunfermline ceased to exist than my club issue a statement like that.

Truly mortifying.

That gets my vote too!

51 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Truly mortifying.

Quite an embarrassing thing to say. It’s only a statement. No fan would wish their club didn’t exist. 

She must have written that guzzling prosecco while getting distracted watching Neighbours.

To never forget that there are many good decent people and clubs in Scotland who stood with us, publicly and privately – but there are some whose fear and self-interest got in the way of doing the right thing....

We have every right to be angry. So let’s use that anger as the fuel that drives our campaign in 2020/21. This is now about Thistle, no one else.

30 minutes ago, Reid said:

That statement is a pure riddy. It’s worry but not surprising how many of our fans are lapping it up.

Unfortunately a pretty high percentage of our fans will clap like seals at anything the club does, no matter how shameful or embarrassing it might be. Some of the Twitter replies to that statement are predictably cringeworthy, and display an appalling lack of awareness.

But Low knows this. PR is her thing she’s very good at it (unlike she is at running a football club). Deflect from her and Gerry’s disastrous running of the football club, and shift all the pressure onto McCall for next season. Job done.

Edited by Nightmare

Would be surprised if there was any great desire within the SFA to kick Partick and Hearts when they’re down.  Some kind of suspended punishment would draw a line under things.   Can’t understand why you guys didn’t pursue some kind of compensation payment back in April rather than the legal route.  Gerry Britton seems to think he’s smarter than the average bear.  

2 hours ago, knighthawk said:

Gerry has to walk after today’s result. The guy is a lawyer. He should have been advising board members and all involved. Surly he should have had an idea would could have happened during all this. Now a potential fine! 

The guy is absolutely hopeless - his wage could be going into the playing staff. 

like I said before. Can’t help think his decisions are based on popularity rather than solution focused. 

This result also opens the bandwidth for error on McCall’s head. Imo he should still be winning the league with our squad he has assembled. If not it’s a failure. smaller part time clubs will have had their budget cut more than ours. 

I'd imagine he is tonight.

2 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Would be surprised if there was any great desire within the SFA to kick Partick and Hearts when they’re down.  Some kind of suspended punishment would draw a line under things.   Can’t understand why you guys didn’t pursue some kind of compensation payment back in April rather than the legal route.  Gerry Britton seems to think he’s smarter than the average bear.  

Where do you get that from? Gerry has been silent for months, (I think an interview with someone about a week after the season was halted is maybe all there’s been) in fact no one knows how involved he actually is with the whole legal thing.