The Partick Thistle thread

42 minutes ago, dave.j said:

So why were folk so sure we should be building on it and finishing higher than 6th, the next season? 

Because people are idiots? 

(And I definitely include myself in that generally, just not in this case) 

On 15/07/2020 at 09:35, RandomGuy. said:

The SFA aren't conducting the arbitration. 

The SPFL nominate someone, you and Hearts nominate someone, then those two nominate someone.

The SFA aren't involved.

Hearts and Partick clearly breached an obvious SFA law, there can be no debate they face punishment.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz!

On 15/07/2020 at 19:53, bad chad said:

As I said to someone yesterday, we should get expelled from the SPFL, apply to UEFA/FIFA, and be given permission to apply to another national league. 

Beat both the ugly sisters to a spot in the English pyramid! 

Haaaaaaaa this is sarcasm!! Can you imagine the English FA looking at the mighty thistle and thinking. Yessss. That is a club we want in our leagues. 😂😂😂

12 hours ago, knighthawk said:

Haaaaaaaa this is sarcasm!! Can you imagine the English FA looking at the mighty thistle and thinking. Yessss. That is a club we want in our leagues. 😂😂😂

Why? If we are barred from our national structure, but have the capacity to play, we'd be allowed to apply to other organisations. 

It would more likely be the Irish set-up if it had to happen, but even so, the possibility would be there. 

I'm not talking about getting into the bloody Premier league here... not next season anyway. 

39 minutes ago, bad chad said:

Why? If we are barred from our national structure, but have the capacity to play, we'd be allowed to apply to other organisations. 

It would more likely be the Irish set-up if it had to happen, but even so, the possibility would be there. 

I'm not talking about getting into the bloody Premier league here... not next season anyway. 

You will not be expelled/barred by the SFA. 

42 minutes ago, bad chad said:

You would not be allowed to play any matches in Scotland in any FIFA-registered competition without the permission of the SFA.

2 hours ago, bad chad said:

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

You would not be allowed to play any matches in Scotland in any FIFA-registered competition without the permission of the SFA.

Bodying the Irish league on some kind of International Waters based aircraft carrier?  Count me in.

37 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

considering he is dropping down 2 divisions having payed fairly regularly with |County in the Premier League last season, that is a very good signing for us if it happens

11 hours ago, bad chad said:

We wouldn’t even get into the non league down there. Come on, take the red and yellow tinted glasses off. I understand we are the mighty thistle and all that. But in all honesty, what football associations would want to be associated with us, following an expulsion from another FA. Thats before we even get into all the embargo and statements. 😂

Think about it logically - what would the Scottish FA or the fans of Scottish football think. If a club, say Stevenage attempted to play in Scottish football.

21 hours ago, JagsCG said:

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Superb signing, he's still comfortably a top flight defender.

15 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Yawn!

I think RG is being sincere here.  He really is a terrific signing for you guys, assuming you don’t boo him.  If you turn against him, he gets a bit stroppy and his wife gets mildly annoyed.  He’s a real favourite at County, and I think the majority of fans would have happily had him back as a squad player.  He has fallen out with Aberdeen fans, Rangers fans and St Johnstone fans for a reason, however.

Edit: his best position, despite being a right back for much of his career, is left back, but also played wide left, wide right and centre back for us over the years.  
Edit: I’d ignore the Rangers and Aberdeen fans’ views on this one.  He’s a likeable guy off the pitch in my experience.

Edited by Savage Henry