The Partick Thistle thread

21 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

The only “fair” way to have avoided this would have been to complete the leagues when football can return. I know that ship has sailed. The next “fairest” solution is not to penalise any club as a result of finishing the season early. What isn’t clear to me is the real motivation for clubs voting this proposal down.

Every club has voted for their own self interest.

It's a competitive sport where clubs cheat, lie, and backstab, each other almost constantly trying to gain an advantage.

Why so many people seem completely stunned clubs arent willing to disadvantage themselves to help others is beyond me.

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

“Move on”? You sound like Boris Johnson trying to avoid embarrassing questions emoji6.png

Quickest way to move on would be for the SPFL to agree a structure that’s not unfair to Hearts, the Jags, Stranraer and Brora/Kelty.

I agree (about the last point, not about Johnson, a comment of which I’m now offended by 😂

Every club has voted for their own self interest.
It's a competitive sport where clubs cheat, lie, and backstab, each other almost constantly trying to gain an advantage.
Why so many people seem completely stunned clubs arent willing to disadvantage themselves to help others is beyond me.

That is so short term. Almost none of the clubs in the premiership are immune to the possibility of relegation. Surely it would be in their longer term interest to ensure that being relegated isn’t a cliff edge for them !

Important enough for your captain to jump ship.

Christ do Partick fans still think this is some sort of win for them because they took Ross Docherty off us?

Would have far more relevance if the majority of the teams in Scotland hadn’t voted to punt them back into the seaside leagues.

Anyway, ignoring all the bickering. I see Danny Rogers has been released by Aberdeen. I know Dumbarton fans rated him highly from his loan there, would he be a decent 2nd goalkeeper to bring in? Can't be worse than Fox surely?

The 14-10-10-10 is a crap solution and won’t pass. Many problems with the 8-6 spilt 

why don’t thistle propose a 12-12-10-10, possibly with regionalised 2 lower 10’s? 

im sure most clubs apart from hearts would back this and would create a great championship of mainly full time clubs 

14 minutes ago, flood said:

The 14-10-10-10 is a crap solution and won’t pass. Many problems with the 8-6 spilt 

why don’t thistle propose a 12-12-10-10, possibly with regionalised 2 lower 10’s? 

im sure most clubs apart from hearts would back this and would create a great championship of mainly full time clubs 

I'd be surprised if many, if any, League One/Two sides want regionalised divisions.

2 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Anyway, ignoring all the bickering. I see Danny Rogers has been released by Aberdeen. I know Dumbarton fans rated him highly from his loan there, would he be a decent 2nd goalkeeper to bring in? Can't be worse than Fox surely?

Doubt he'd want to be a No.2 in League One. 

And yet here you are in a League One forum.
Not box office enough to stay in your own team's threads.

Don’t know if you’ve heard mate but there’s precisely f**k all happening in Scottish football apart from a couple clubs moaning about relegation hence why I occasionally have a gander at most other clubs threads.

Luckily for me this is a multi club forum and there’s nothing stopping me from venturing down into the seaside leagues to read stuff.

Just read the club statement.

As much as I obviously want what is best for Thistle, I think the statement reads a bit desperate and Rangersy. Also reads more like an interview transcript rather than a carefully prepared club statement.

Whatever happens on Monday we need to get a way forward for Scottish football confirmed so clubs can start preparing. At this stage its surely doubtful that any reconstruction plans will get enough votes to pass through, whether that's the 14-10-10-10 or something else.

46 minutes ago, flood said:

If you think lower league clubs would support regionalised divisions then you clearly know nothing about Scottish football.

48 minutes ago, flood said:

Are you trying to come up with plans that would get less support?

51 minutes ago, flood said:

If the main argument for restructuring is that "no clubs should be left worse off", then obviously one in which Hearts still go to the second tier fails immediately.

And regionalised leagues aren't wanted or necessary within the SPFL structure. 

I thought the statement was pretty good, it felt like it was emotional from Jacqui, as opposed to a statement full of "big words" and "hidden agendas", she was quite honest. We haven't released statements every week during this, I don't think anyone could describe us as not having class. Even on Sportsound today they confirmed, we had declined to speak with them for the past few months, whilst all this went on. That said, the reconstruction still won't happen, because of self-interest, the statement, is good, but it won't actually do much. 

Yet more cringe from the worst chairman ever to darken the boardroom. If we hadn’t been bottom we wouldn’t be in this position. The reason we were bottom is because we had woeful players, most of whom were signed by a woeful “manager” that everyone but her could see was a disaster. So don’t blame other clubs for where we are - it’s ultimately down to you and the Chief exec. Whit an embarrassment.