The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, JudgeMudge said:

Is there any chance of clubs being allowed to admit a lower number of fans than capacity? If we had 1500 s/t holders, they could be accommodated with social distancing.

That’s surely something they would have discussed. 
The problem, is, it’s easy to social distance for a lot of teams, when the game is on,  but what about getting in and out of stadium, toilets, half-time, and so on. That’s where the real problems would be.

4 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

Is there any chance of clubs being allowed to admit a lower number of fans than capacity? If we had 1500 s/t holders, they could be accommodated with social distancing.

Not sure you could get 1500 socially distanced people at Firhill. Even if you assume (for example) just one seat in every direction of every fan not being occupied, that means you can only fill about 1/9 of each stand (so about 650 people in the Jackie Husband, about 220 in the John Lambie Stand and about the same again in the Main Stand). In reality the social distancing rules are going to be slightly stricter than that, albeit offset by (e.g.) households sitting together.

This is before we deal with problems to do with moving folk to, from and around the concourses and their facilities.

On 10/06/2020 at 11:31, Jacky1990 said:

IMO its time to accept it, move on and use the sense of injustice to fuel us next season.

It'd be much easier to accept if we knew what was happening with League One. But the prospect of starting our season in January instead of October is shite. I'm resigned to the fact that we'll probably be playing League One football but I'd obviously rather see reconstruction happen, so I'm still holding out hope.

11 minutes ago, Slacker said:

It'd be much easier to accept if we knew what was happening with League One. But the prospect of starting our season in January instead of October is shite. I'm resigned to the fact that we'll probably be playing League One football but I'd obviously rather see reconstruction happen, so I'm still holding out hope.

Even though it’d be behind closed doors, it’ll be awful if it starts any later than October, especially as the two leagues above will be up and running. If League 1 is being mothballed to January, I don’t see why us and Falkirk haven’t proposed an extended Championship, as we and them can probably play ASAP, and surely the SPFL can’t stop clubs who are able and willing to play, playing. 
The fact we haven’t proposed anything or even mentioned a potential extended Championship in a statement makes me think that League 1 will be back in October. I take it money from James Anderson will help the smaller clubs be able to come back in October too. 

I’m sure the rules regarding promotion to and relegation from leagues where what may be markedly different seasons are played will be scrupulously observed come next May. 🙄

3 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

This is the kind of patter Joel Sked would come out with. It's nerd-like-shite.

Perhaps, but at least the stats show that anyone calling Docherty a “Diet Stuart Bannigan plodder” and claiming we are above his station, is talking nonsense 

If it’s illegal it’s illegal. Hearts will take it to court so let’s just hang on and see where it all goes. I have accepted Div 1 football for next season so anything better will be a bonus! 

If all of this with Budge were to transpire, I would imagine Doncaster would fluff up some alternative universe scheme along the line of “ok, ok, no relegation for anyone. The top flight will run with 13 for a season, the 2nd tier will run with 9, and the teams in the leagues below can just argue it out amongst themselves.”

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

If all of this with Budge were to transpire, I would imagine Doncaster would fluff up some alternative universe scheme along the line of “ok, ok, no relegation for anyone. The top flight will run with 13 for a season, the 2nd tier will run with 9, and the teams in the leagues below can just argue it out amongst themselves.”

Sounds completely terrible, so probably will happen. 

The problem with the Court thing is, all the clubs will likely have to pay for the SPFL to go to court, so clubs that vote "against" the reconstruction resolution, or don't support it, for whatever reasons, like they are absolutely entitled to do, will have to face the fact they might need to pay for the SPFL to go to court (along with the other 40 clubs). Hearts taking the SPFL to court, is also a tedious look for Scottish Football. 

8 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

He had a really good year with us. A vital part of our impressive season.
You also have a great prospect in Blair Lyons.

Thanks. Sena needed regular first-team football and  your management team deserves credit for developing him into a better player.

There were a few clubs after Lyons and I'm looking forward to seeing him next season.

I'd be fine with us signing Erskine but ideally on a fairly short term deal once there's more clarity over when League 1 will start, looked like an old man on the pitch at times in his last season with us. Think Bannigan had a similar deal with us too, until about Christmas time to prove he could still cut it which worked out ok.

I've managed to come to terms with us being in the seaside leagues tbh, although there's still a nagging doubt that we'll botch the post-relegation rebuild (again).

Not sure if I can be arsed with a season ticket, if it's a reduced season with fewer home games and thus lower overall cost then maybe. Also hinges on me still having a job once I'm off furlough...

100% correct 

I’m as annoyed about relegation as everyone else, I think it’s a travesty and really unfair, but it’s time to just move on now. 
If Hearts dragging this on, is going to effect the leagues starting up, and effect clubs playing, then that’s more unfair. It would also be ridiculous if the SFA/SPFL took money from clubs to fight Hearts in court, yet we all know that’s what’ll happen. 

“Move on”? You sound like Boris Johnson trying to avoid embarrassing questions [emoji6]

Quickest way to move on would be for the SPFL to agree a structure that’s not unfair to Hearts, the Jags, Stranraer and Brora/Kelty.

3 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

“Move on”? You sound like Boris Johnson trying to avoid embarrassing questions emoji6.png

Quickest way to move on would be for the SPFL to agree a structure that’s not unfair to Hearts, the Jags, Stranraer and Brora/Kelty.

If you're claiming it's unfair on Kelty and Brora, then you should add...

ICT, Dundee, Ayr, Arbroath, Dunfermline, Morton, Alloa, Falkirk, Airdrie, Montrose, East Fife, Dumbarton, Clyde, Edinburgh City, Elgin City, Cowdenbeath, Queens Park, Stirling and Annan

... as teams you need to "make it fair on" through restructure, as each of them had as much chance of promotion as Brora/Kelty.

ICT, Dundee, Ayr, Arbroath, Dunfermline, Morton, Alloa, Falkirk, Airdrie, Montrose, East Fife, Dumbarton, Clyde, Edinburgh City, Elgin City, Cowdenbeath, Queens Park, Stirling and Annan
... as teams you need to "make it fair on" through restructure, as each of them had as much chance of promotion as Brora/Kelty.

The only “fair” way to have avoided this would have been to complete the leagues when football can return. I know that ship has sailed. The next “fairest” solution is not to penalise any club as a result of finishing the season early. What isn’t clear to me is the real motivation for clubs voting this proposal down.

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

No because those teams aren’t important.