The Partick Thistle thread

2 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

I might be wrong but does this not just leave Scotland as the only country in Europe to be relegating teams when the league is incomplete. If so and again I emphasise I don’t know, we have got to fight our corner along with Hearts and Stranraer

I'm not sure if it's only Scotland, but we are certainly one of only a few. 

I think most of that is paper clickbait. 

However, the main difference is that the French league body imposed the early curtailing of the 2019/20 campaign, while the SPFL allowed member clubs to vote on giving the board the power to end the Scottish season.

The fact, it was member clubs that voted, instead of plain autocracy from the top, would suggest, the SPFL are in a far better position than what the French FA were. 

7 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

If it’s illegal it’s illegal. Hearts will take it to court so let’s just hang on and see where it all goes. I have accepted Div 1 football for next season so anything better will be a bonus! 

It's illegal, due to French Football rules, not necessarily the same as Scottish. I agree with the last point, I accepted League 1 weeks ago, if we somehow get saved (through reconstruction, court or anything else) it'll merely be a bonus, as said. 

2 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Not targeted at you personally but what courts and/or governing bodies decide in Belgium or France about their leagues and under their laws is about as relevant to the SPFL’s decision-making as the rules of Trivial Pursuit are.

1 hour ago, Sting777 said:

I might be wrong but does this not just leave Scotland as the only country in Europe to be relegating teams when the league is incomplete. If so and again I emphasise I don’t know, we have got to fight our corner along with Hearts and Stranraer

England is now doing this in Leagues One and Two.

On 06/06/2020 at 18:55, Jacky1990 said:

Would quite like us to sign Neil Parry or someone similar as a backup keeper, even if he's on a part-time contract.

Neil Parry has just signed a new contract at Alloa, so that’s a no from him. 

1 hour ago, Ad Lib said:

England is now doing this in Leagues One and Two.

Well U.K. appears out of line with rest of Europe. Am certain Hearts will go all the way with this. We just need to sit back, see what happens and hope for the best!

Edited by Sting777

2 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Well U.K. appears out of line with rest of Europe. Am certain Hearts will go all the way with this. We just need to sit back, see what happens and hope for the best!

To be honest, at this stage I'd rather we just get on with it.  

Surely the further Hearts take this, the more the delay in getting the football back up and running?

If thats the case, surely that could be devastating for some clubs? There's also the money the SFA/SPFL would use to fight it, which would no doubt come at the expense of clubs somewhere along the line.

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

Surely the further Hearts take this, the more the delay in getting the football back up and running?

If thats the case, surely that could be devastating for some clubs? There's also the money the SFA/SPFL would use to fight it, which would no doubt come at the expense of clubs somewhere along the line.

100% correct 

I’m as annoyed about relegation as everyone else, I think it’s a travesty and really unfair, but it’s time to just move on now. 
If Hearts dragging this on, is going to effect the leagues starting up, and effect clubs playing, then that’s more unfair. It would also be ridiculous if the SFA/SPFL took money from clubs to fight Hearts in court, yet we all know that’s what’ll happen. 
I wanted reconstruction to work, I think it would benefit the Top Flight as well as ourselves, but, our focus should now be getting the hell out of the mess we’ve been in for the last 3 years. Getting good players on the park, fighting for the badge, and more importantly, winning games regularly, and hopefully promotion at the end of the season.

7 hours ago, JagsCG said:

100% correct 

I’m as annoyed about relegation as everyone else, I think it’s a travesty and really unfair, but it’s time to just move on now. 
If Hearts dragging this on, is going to effect the leagues starting up, and effect clubs playing, then that’s more unfair. It would also be ridiculous if the SFA/SPFL took money from clubs to fight Hearts in court, yet we all know that’s what’ll happen. 
I wanted reconstruction to work, I think it would benefit the Top Flight as well as ourselves, but, our focus should now be getting the hell out of the mess we’ve been in for the last 3 years. Getting good players on the park, fighting for the badge, and more importantly, winning games regularly, and hopefully promotion at the end of the season.

Is your comma button stuck ?

P.S Welcome to the seaside leagues

Edited by PortyMo
edit

If championship football and below isn’t starting until October, there’s plenty of time.

4 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

If championship football and below isn’t starting until October, there’s plenty of time.

Reading about the French decision just makes me think this is a non started since the clubs overwhelmingly voted for it. The word frivolous comes to mind.

You might say there is plenty time until October, but there really isn't if it ends up in court. 

And what do we do in the meantime? If there is a chance we are a Championship team next year do we have to pay the players their Championship wages until its confirmed? Can we afford to do that one everyone comes off furlough? How do we target and sign players when we are in limbo about what division we'll be in?

IMO its time to accept it, move on and use the sense of injustice to fuel us next season.

Reading about the French decision just makes me think this is a non started since the clubs overwhelmingly voted for it. The word frivolous comes to mind.
You might say there is plenty time until October, but there really isn't if it ends up in court. 
And what do we do in the meantime? If there is a chance we are a Championship team next year do we have to pay the players their Championship wages until its confirmed? Can we afford to do that one everyone comes off furlough? How do we target and sign players when we are in limbo about what division we'll be in?
IMO its time to accept it, move on and use the sense of injustice to fuel us next season.

My point about enough time is that it has taken less than 3 months for the French courts to come to a decision- there are 4 months until October.

From August we will need to pay at least 20% of their furloughed amount and the full amount from October.

I don’t think we should be signing players until we know when football can start and how.

Obviously, we need to weigh up what is best for PTFC and work towards that if possible.