South Lanarkshire Jag

Partick Thistle 2020/21 thread

The Stenhousemuir chairman yesterday spoke of natural selection over the next few weeks. This might be the shortest stay in another division yet 

3 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

The Stenhousemuir chairman yesterday spoke of natural selection over the next few weeks. This might be the shortest stay in another division yet 

Surely not after everyones got their 50k off budges m8.🤣

11 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

You think Thistle are likely to go bust?

51 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

I've just updated the link in my bookmarks to go to the League One forum so it better not be.

Stirring it a bit but what do you guys think about the current Colt teams proposal, wouldya want them admitted so you could avoid relegation?

Amid football's shutdown, SPFL clubs have discussed various models of reconstruction but none have been put to a vote as yet. As well as integrating B teams, Rangers' proposal would offer a reprieve from relegation for Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer and invite Brora Rangers and Kelty Hearts into the senior set-up.

Edited by btb

I’d rather we were relegated straight to the Lowland League than saved by the introduction of colts.

Welcome along. Hopefully we get some games in this year as I would really like to tick off Partick off the list of grounds I've been to with East Fife

After fox’s departure yesterday who do we think is likely to be joining him?

51 minutes ago, btb said:

Stirring it a bit but what do you guys think about the current Colt teams proposal, wouldya want them admitted so you could avoid relegation?

Get the Colts idea as far to f**k as possible. 

For a start it is only designed to benefit two teams and the idea that it would somehow benefit the national team is laughable. Totally takes the competitiveness of it out when Celtic B start romping the Championship but cant get promoted.

Wont help player development any more than the current set up and a slap to the face for all other clubs. As I said, get them as far to f**k as possible. Even bringing them into the Challenge Cup is a total embarrassment.

1 minute ago, R&Y99 said:

Given the uncertainty around just now I'd be surprised if too many of our contracted players jumped ship just now. Mansell is one I think might boost if we gets something else lined up. Graham and Rudden might attract interested from quite a few teams but not sure if it would be concrete enough for us to agree to, especially for Rudden since we paid a fee.

18 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Mansell and  Zanatta

The rest, I can see staying, (maybe optimism taking over regarding Rudden and Graham) 

Guys like Banzo and O’Ware, I definitely see them staying. 

57 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

As in, 'who do we want shot of'? 😃