The Partick Thistle thread

I had him in my ToTS when County were promoted, looked shite for Partick though. 

Worried he'll rock up at EEP tbh. 

I think this is the worry for any fan in the Championship now.

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think this is the worry for any fan in the Championship now.

Must have something lined up otherwise why would you leave a club while on a decent wage with a year left on your contract. Especially when there is no date for football to return 

One clean sheet all season in the league. The one game being against QOS. 

Edited by third lanark

8 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Must have something lined up otherwise why would you leave a club while on a decent wage with a year left on your contract. Especially when there is no date for football to return 

One clean sheet all season in the league. The one game being against QOS. 

Maybe he had a relegation clause and a much reduced wage to look forward to and thinks he can do better rather than having something specifically lined up? It is slightly surprising with no guarantee of when he might get picked up elsewhere but he almost certainly had to exercise the option by a certain date (likely either May 31 or June 9). Possibly he has some other work he knows he can get until football returns?

Fox, showed little to  what he was like for Ross County in the season they won the league. Happy to get him off the wage bill, as he’ll likely be a high earner. Made a couple of wonder saves, couple of howlers and was glued to his like a few too many times. He’ll be at a Championship club next season though, probably. Big chance for Sneddon now. 

Of all the players under contract for next season he was the one I was really hoping would jump shift. Pretty obviously one of our high earners, a bang average keeper and blocking the pathway to a decent young prospect in Sneddon. Would quite like us to sign Neil Parry or someone similar as a backup keeper, even if he's on a part-time contract. Or does anyone know if young Scullion is ready to play second fiddle?

27 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

Think the lad from celtic doolhan who was on loan at ayr is being lined up..

Where you getting that from?
There's surely no way Celtic would loan him to a League 1 side when there would be top end Championship and probably lower end Premiership teams after him? Hamilton and Ross County spring to mind from the Prem at least.

Him going to Hearts on loan would make the most sense IMO.

Edited by Jacky1990

13 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

I think Fox will end up a backup keeper in the topflight or maybe hearts. Either way, I'm happy he is away and Sneddon can finally get a proper chance now.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up back at County or even at a place like Aberdeen to replace Cerny as the permanent bench warmer.

30 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

Think the lad from celtic doolhan who was on loan at ayr is being lined up..

Why would he be loaned to out to us, when he’s been at Ayr for the last 2 seasons. Even if he leaves Celtic, it’ll be for a Championship club at the very least. Other than the fact, McCall used to work with him a lot, is there any other connection that would link us to him? 

Where you getting that from?
There's surely no way Celtic would loan him to a League 1 side when there would be top end Championship and probably lower end Premiership teams after him? Hamilton and Ross County spring to mind from the Prem at least.

Him going to Hearts on loan would make the most sense IMO.

Why would he be loaned to out to us, when he’s been at Ayr for the last 2 seasons. Even if he leaves Celtic, it’ll be for a Championship club at the very least. Other than the fact, McCall used to work with him a lot, is there any other connection that would link us to him? 

I think Celtic will probably try to offload him permanently this summer given he’s not going to have much of a future at the club.

Of all the players under contract for next season he was the one I was really hoping would jump shift. Pretty obviously one of our high earners, a bang average keeper and blocking the pathway to a decent young prospect in Sneddon. Would quite like us to sign Neil Parry or someone similar as a backup keeper, even if he's on a part-time contract. Or does anyone know if young Scullion is ready to play second fiddle?
Neil Parry would be number 1.