The Partick Thistle thread

54 minutes ago, Adrian Madaschi said:

Probably Sneddon, O'Ware, Brownlie, Sena, Lyons, Penrice, Bannigan, Gordon and Rudden. I've genuinely forgotten half the players we have its been so long, but I wouldn't be too fussed if we punted them all and started again.

In addition to those 9, we also have Fox, Williamson, Dohcerty, Zanatta, Graham and Mansell under contract until at least 2021.

Feels like we're carrying over more players in a Championship relegation season than we ever did when we were a top flight club (13 contracted beyond 2020, with 2 new arrivals to join). Hopefully a fair few of these have release clauses that they're willing to exercise...

How did TheRangers manage to pay for Hagi? 

The Cash of the Tight H***. 

(Edited to include an H in case anyone thought **** was one  letter short for the word "c**** "). 👍

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

In addition to those 9, we also have Fox, Williamson, Dohcerty, Zanatta, Graham and Mansell under contract until at least 2021.

Feels like we're carrying over more players in a Championship relegation season than we ever did when we were a top flight club (13 contracted beyond 2020, with 2 new arrivals to join). Hopefully a fair few of these have release clauses that they're willing to exercise...

Four modern apprentices (Scullion, Renfrew, Rodden and Watson) have a year left on their deals too. So that's total of 19 players under contract from June.

It will be the best players who exercise their release clauses or ask to terminate their contracts - IF they get better offers from other clubs.

Given the current uncertainties when next season will start and the state of other clubs' finances, it will a be surprise if "a fair few" leave.

I’m not sure I see many contracted players leaving at the moment, due to the current climate, and most clubs bar probably the Old Firm, are unable to sign anyone. So we could see a situation where we are stuck with a few guys, that we wouldn’t have missed if they left, but also managing to keep the likes of a Rudden who would be great to keep for next season. All depends on the finances of all clubs. 

6 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

In a top league of 16 with tv money going mainly to this league, there will be a queue of teams ahead of Thistle for a place.

It would be the Top 4 from the Championship getting promoted in a 16 team league, surely. The only way it would help Thistle, would be that we wouldn’t get relegated, but that matters little if the entire Championship is going to be mothballed anyway. 

If you read the whole article it says that the Championship might start in January and given that Thistle and Falkirk have both indicated that they could finance playing behind closed doors they might be shoehorned into the championship rather than risk two full time sides going bust by not having a league to play in as most in the bottom 2 leagues are looking to mothball At no point does the article, or indeed myself, mention Thistle being promoted into the top league. 

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

In a top league of 16 with tv money going mainly to this league, there will be a queue of teams ahead of Thistle for a place.

No shit. 

14 hours ago, Ultra Thistle Bhoy said:

Only good thing about gettin relegated is we get to pump Clyde 

I'd enjoy watching that but after three years of horror shows from Thistle, I'm not confident.

13 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Would rather stay up. Who cares about Clyde? Just another team in the Seaside League. 

Would any of our resident Cumbernauld experts care to share an opinion on seaside standards there? 💣

20 hours ago, Dr Koop said:

Would any of our resident Cumbernauld experts care to share an opinion on seaside standards there? 💣

They are absolute pish and there have been bigger queues at Aldi's in the local retail park than there have ever been at Broadwood. 

There are more Jag's and Colts fans in Cumbernauld than Clyde ones.

26 minutes ago, Mancubus said:
" userid="34042"] Our nearest beach is in Twechar.

There's a mini-beach in abronhill.

that doesn't count, it's mostly comprised of broken glass and mud. and so's the beach.