The Partick Thistle thread

14 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:
15 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
I'm sure you'd rather get a % of a months wage than nothing. 

Correct. Or I could be in talks to sign for another championship club and turn down your shitey 1 month deal.

That's a personal choice of one player, I'd be fucking embarrassed if Ayr took the same decision so easily, no surprise right enough as Dunfermline have been acting like c***s for a fair number of years now. 

Except you’re not going to be in talks because no club in this league is signing anyone.

You’ve basically made 17 people unemployed with very little chance of finding a new club.
I know one of those punted yesterday has been talking to another club and has a better offer

[mention=14242]da_no_1[/mention] appears to suffer from “my club can do no wrong” syndrome.
Either that or he’s just a c**t.
FFS it's called having an opinion. What's your problem with mine being different from yours? No need for the abuse.

That's a personal choice of one player, I'd be fucking embarrassed if Ayr took the same decision so easily, no surprise right enough as Dunfermline have been acting like c***s for a fair number of years now. 
Our current board have been acting like c***s for a number of years?

How so?

43 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:
3 hours ago, D said:

Except you’re not going to be in talks because no club in this league is signing anyone.

You’ve basically made 17 people unemployed with very little chance of finding a new club.

I know one of those punted yesterday has been talking to another club and has a better offer

Who was that mate?

Who was that mate?

Lee Ashcroft apparently turned down Dunfermlines contract but that’s only a rumour.

Good for him if true but doesn’t help the other 16 players that won’t be employed until clubs get some income.

44 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Lee Ashcroft apparently turned down Dunfermlines contract but that’s only a rumour.

Good for him if true but doesn’t help the other 16 players that won’t be employed until clubs get some income.

I think your spot on with the clubs income part. This is why most clubs are selling season tickets just now to bring in some Accies. I know Hamilton aren’t but don’t think there’s many clubs that aren’t.

I think your spot on with the clubs income part. This is why most clubs are selling season tickets just now to bring in some Accies. I know Hamilton aren’t but don’t think there’s many clubs that aren’t.

I think punting ST right now is pointless until you know how many games will actually be played.

If for example Ayr were to sell ST for 18 home games then ended up only playing 9 or even mothballing until next season they’d have to pay that money back.

2 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The Dunfermline and Ayr cretins here should take their moronic idiocy to their own threads instead of polluting this one.

You’re right. This was thread was much better when it was just you desperately clutching at straws and crying into your keyboard.

45 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Are many clubs outside the Premiership selling season tickets? We're not. Ayr aren't. I know you have and I think Hearts have. Genuinely unsure about anyone else.

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Are many clubs outside the Premiership selling season tickets? We're not. Ayr aren't. I know you have and I think Hearts have. Genuinely unsure about anyone else.

Dundee are.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dundee are.

Fair enough. Just had a wee look online. Can't see any suggestion that Alloa, Arbroath, Inverness, Morton, Dunfermline or Raith are selling them. So of the current Championship only Dundee and Hearts are selling them.

Some clubs have other fundraising schemes in place (Ayr sold tickets to a virtual Player of the Year night, Arbroath are selling brick sponsorship, Dunfermline have their Pars United funding scheme, the Morton Trust are raising money for them too) but very few are actually selling tickets.

13 minutes ago, inreganhendrywetrust said:

Great doing business with you to secure Brian Graham back at the Rovers. I’m sure you guys have other strikers on the horizon but I would say Declan McManus is a great league 1 player. Thanks again guys and good luck for next season

Doing business would suggest a fee and don’t think Raith have any more money than the rest of us.  I doubt clubs will be selling or buying anyone until they know the start date for football.

Can see McManus has scored several plenty in league 1 - but he’s a county player and I’m sure if they released him we would face some very serious competition for him from Falkirk who are reputed to have been paying guys like Tidser, Sammon etc as much as 2 grand a week 

You really hate Dunfermline eh?

For the record I think QOTS are pretty shite too but their fans aren’t exactly dying on the hill to defend them like you are.
You cannot see the possibility that there's more to this than meets the eye?

You cannot see the possibility that there's more to this than meets the eye?

Dunfermline are either worried about what HMRC will or won’t do. Or there’s a cash flow problem at the club.