Jump to content
South Lanarkshire Jag

Partick Thistle 2020/21 thread

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

Go and read the BBC sport Scotland and see what the advance was for 

The advance is just another red herring as is the issue of loans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weetoonlad said:

Thistle and Motherwell needed An advance from spfl 2017 to survive 

                        Really 

 

1 hour ago, weetoonlad said:

Go and read the BBC sport Scotland and see what the advance was for 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52515606

"What had actually happened was, in 2016, when Rangers returned to the Scottish Premiership all non-Old Firm clubs budgeted to get three Old Firm games prior to the split. Because of a fixture anomaly with Rangers returning, three clubs actually lost out. So Partick Thistle, Hamilton and Motherwell were all given two Old Firm games pre-split rather than the three that they had budgeted for. 

"The board was very sympathetic to the situation they found themselves in and decided in the case of Partick Thistle and Motherwell - Hamilton didn't want to take an earlier fee payment - that those two clubs would be entitled to invoice them for £150,000 each, which they got earlier than other clubs."

It was 2016.  There is no mention of Thistle need anything to survive.

So off you f**k, thicko.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52515606

"What had actually happened was, in 2016, when Rangers returned to the Scottish Premiership all non-Old Firm clubs budgeted to get three Old Firm games prior to the split. Because of a fixture anomaly with Rangers returning, three clubs actually lost out. So Partick Thistle, Hamilton and Motherwell were all given two Old Firm games pre-split rather than the three that they had budgeted for. 

"The board was very sympathetic to the situation they found themselves in and decided in the case of Partick Thistle and Motherwell - Hamilton didn't want to take an earlier fee payment - that those two clubs would be entitled to invoice them for £150,000 each, which they got earlier than other clubs."

It was 2016.  There is no mention of Thistle need anything to survive.

So off you f**k, thicko.

I corrected the post w****r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:

I corrected the post w****r

Your posts (two!) on Thistle needing the money to survive have not been corrected.

You're even thicker than I thought! 

😂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Your posts (two!) on Thistle needing the money to survive have not been corrected.

You're even thicker than I thought! 

😂

 

 

f**k off balloon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, weetoonlad said:

The payment was compensation for both clubs have only one old Frim game less than other teams 

Wasn't a loan or advance but compensation 

Read that enjoy the seaside league just what u all need 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, weetoonlad said:

f**k off balloon 

 

1 minute ago, weetoonlad said:

Read that enjoy the seaside league just what u all need 

You are seething so much that you can't even write properly 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is Reece Cole the best/most impactful loanee we've had in the last 10 years? Every time I saw him play he was a level above our dross, Lyle Taylor is the only one that comes to mind in terms of challenging Cole, have I forgotten anyone else?
I don't think we should underestimate how important the loan signing of Stevie Anderson was last season. He probably did for our defence what Scott MacDonald did for our attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't think we should underestimate how important the loan signing of Stevie Anderson was last season. He probably did for our defence what Scott MacDonald did for our attack.


This. While he wasn’t perfect by any means, his organisation of the back four/five was invaluable to us staying up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Walter said:

I don't think we should underestimate how important the loan signing of Stevie Anderson was last season. He probably did for our defence what Scott MacDonald did for our attack.

Anderson was really good for our defence at the time, him and McDonald were the 2 most valuable signings that kept us up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/05/2020 at 18:58, weetoonlad said:

Read that enjoy the seaside league just what u all need 

 

l4pTpRMTOtcvatupy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Maryhill, is wonderful...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/04/2020 at 23:45, JustDom said:

Is Reece Cole the best/most impactful loanee we've had in the last 10 years? Every time I saw him play he was a level above our dross, Lyle Taylor is the only one that comes to mind in terms of challenging Cole, have I forgotten anyone else?

No, he's really not. 

2010/11 McGowan from Hearts

20/10/11 Balatoni from Hearts

2011/12 Welsh from Hibs

2012/13 Craig from County

2013/14 Taylor from Sheffield United

2013/14 Erskine from United

2013/14 Bauban from Carlisle

2014/15 Booth from Hibs

2016/17 Keown from Reading

2017/18 Turnbull from Coventry

2017/18 Sammon from Hearts

2018/19 Anderson from St Johnstone

If anything I'd bracket him in with the Robbie muirhead level of loan. Banged in a couple of screamers but ultimately very meh when push came to shove. 

 

 

Edited by dave.j

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kheredine on twitter saying less than 5% of season ticket holders took the club up on their offer of a partial refund.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted a refund for the last three seasons....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Kheredine on twitter saying less than 5% of season ticket holders took the club up on their offer of a partial refund.

Probably wracked with guilt after the 95% fell over each other to tell Twitter what great fans they were not wanting a refund. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See someone has posted on WAT that Scott McLean has suffered a stroke and is in the Glasgow Royal. Jeez he is only 43. If he had kept injury free, I reckon he would have became a Jags legend but 38 goals in 80 appearances speaks for itself. . Let’s hope Trigger makes a full and speedy recovery. 

Edited by Sting777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kheredine on twitter saying less than 5% of season ticket holders took the club up on their offer of a partial refund.
Club themselves saying it was roughly 3.5%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...