The Partick Thistle thread

8 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52515606

"What had actually happened was, in 2016, when Rangers returned to the Scottish Premiership all non-Old Firm clubs budgeted to get three Old Firm games prior to the split. Because of a fixture anomaly with Rangers returning, three clubs actually lost out. So Partick Thistle, Hamilton and Motherwell were all given two Old Firm games pre-split rather than the three that they had budgeted for. 

"The board was very sympathetic to the situation they found themselves in and decided in the case of Partick Thistle and Motherwell - Hamilton didn't want to take an earlier fee payment - that those two clubs would be entitled to invoice them for £150,000 each, which they got earlier than other clubs."

It was 2016.  There is no mention of Thistle need anything to survive.

So off you f**k, thicko.

I corrected the post w****r

Is Reece Cole the best/most impactful loanee we've had in the last 10 years? Every time I saw him play he was a level above our dross, Lyle Taylor is the only one that comes to mind in terms of challenging Cole, have I forgotten anyone else?
I don't think we should underestimate how important the loan signing of Stevie Anderson was last season. He probably did for our defence what Scott MacDonald did for our attack.

I don't think we should underestimate how important the loan signing of Stevie Anderson was last season. He probably did for our defence what Scott MacDonald did for our attack.

This. While he wasn’t perfect by any means, his organisation of the back four/five was invaluable to us staying up.

20 hours ago, Walter said:

Anderson was really good for our defence at the time, him and McDonald were the 2 most valuable signings that kept us up. 

On 29/04/2020 at 23:45, JustDom said:

Is Reece Cole the best/most impactful loanee we've had in the last 10 years? Every time I saw him play he was a level above our dross, Lyle Taylor is the only one that comes to mind in terms of challenging Cole, have I forgotten anyone else?

No, he's really not. 

2010/11 McGowan from Hearts

20/10/11 Balatoni from Hearts

2011/12 Welsh from Hibs

2012/13 Craig from County

2013/14 Taylor from Sheffield United

2013/14 Erskine from United

2013/14 Bauban from Carlisle

2014/15 Booth from Hibs

2016/17 Keown from Reading

2017/18 Turnbull from Coventry

2017/18 Sammon from Hearts

2018/19 Anderson from St Johnstone

If anything I'd bracket him in with the Robbie muirhead level of loan. Banged in a couple of screamers but ultimately very meh when push came to shove. 

Edited by dave.j

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Kheredine on twitter saying less than 5% of season ticket holders took the club up on their offer of a partial refund.

Probably wracked with guilt after the 95% fell over each other to tell Twitter what great fans they were not wanting a refund. 

See someone has posted on WAT that Scott McLean has suffered a stroke and is in the Glasgow Royal. Jeez he is only 43. If he had kept injury free, I reckon he would have became a Jags legend but 38 goals in 80 appearances speaks for itself. . Let’s hope Trigger makes a full and speedy recovery. 

Edited by Sting777

12 hours ago, dave.j said:

Probably wracked with guilt after the 95% fell over each other to tell Twitter what great fans they were not wanting a refund. 

I'm a shite fan. I took mine, f**k Jacqui Low.

Might post that on Twitter and watch fuds like stuthe(ex)jag and the over-40 Low fan club lose their shit.