The Partick Thistle thread

6 hours ago, kerly said:

For me it is all about making sure Thistle comes through this as strong as possible. I had to put my feelings for the chairwoman and TFE to one side when I entrusted them with my season ticket money.

Afraid I dont have your big hearted actions over this. While She Devil is still there I will not be renewing my season ticket.

On 06/04/2020 at 16:39, kerly said:

Season tickets now on sale Used summer holiday money to get mine so hope the lockdown doesn’t end before then  or wife will go mental 

She should go mental at you anyway -  you don’t get much of a summer holiday between you for the cost of a season ticket.

14 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

She should go mental at you anyway -  you don’t get much of a summer holiday between you for the cost of a season ticket.

Might of paid for a long weekend in Peterhead come August 

1 hour ago, JudgeMudge said:

Looks like relegation ...

Seems so. Roddy Forsyth reporting on 5 live that spfl will hedge their bets on the premier due to UEFA and euro places. The diddy leagues will be sold down the river. All teams not in a relegation spot will vote to end the season thus relegating us and promoting raith rovers. Pretty sure they will act out of selfishness. Perhaps we would have done the same. No mention of hearts and Arabs which might leave open the possibility we get "saved" through league reconstruction. We've been honking most of the season so get what we deserve?

7 minutes ago, banditjag said:

Seems so. Roddy Forsyth reporting on 5 live that spfl will hedge their bets on the premier due to UEFA and euro places. The diddy leagues will be sold down the river. All teams not in a relegation spot will vote to end the season thus relegating us and promoting raith rovers. Pretty sure they will act out of selfishness. Perhaps we would have done the same. No mention of hearts and Arabs which might leave open the possibility we get "saved" through league reconstruction. We've been honking most of the season so get what we deserve?

I don't think you deserve to be relegated. The competition was agreed at the beginning of the season - thirty-six games to be played. If you'd won your game at hand, you'd have leapfrogged Queens and be just two points behind Alloa, with eight games to play. 

Having said all that, this is unprecedented. I can see why Dundee Utd, for example, should be promoted. I think the only fair solution is league reconstruction. If you were to be relegated, I think you should be financially compensated.

Personally my belief is you only deserve to be relegated when it is mathematically impossible to not be relegated. Considering we currently have a game in hand and several league games left I don’t feel it would be deserved.

I think we probably would have gone down either automatically or via the playoffs but there was still a quarter of the season to go, also the game in hand was against a team we'd beaten 3-1 two times out of two this season despite them being miles above us in the league when both games were played so I don't think it was a foregone conclusion we'd have not won that game. 

Feels a bit unfair that other teams who have also been terrible (Queens, Brechin) get off scot free. 

Relegated by vote twice in 16 years, shit like that can't have happened since the early 20th century. 

Edited by Fuctifano

26 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

I don't think you deserve to be relegated. The competition was agreed at the beginning of the season - thirty-six games to be played. If you'd won your game at hand, you'd have leapfrogged Queens and be just two points behind Alloa, with eight games to play. 

Having said all that, this is unprecedented. I can see why Dundee Utd, for example, should be promoted. I think the only fair solution is league reconstruction. If you were to be relegated, I think you should be financially compensated.

I don't. Then you'd have all clubs demanding compensation for potential lost revenue. Falkirk could say that if Partick were compensated then why weren't they? They could still have won the league. Every single team can make an argument for being compensated, from saying that they could have won a playoff to even the difference in prize money between say 5th and 6th place.

5 minutes ago, third lanark said:

If we are relegated because we are so bad then fair enough as it is true.  But surely then Hearts should be as well.  Postponing the decision on hearts really is making it a mockery 

.......except they're not doing it for Hearts, are they? They're looking to try to ensure European places for Scotland next season; the position of Hearts (and Dundee United, for that matter) is very much secondary at the moment.

57 minutes ago, banditjag said:

Roddy Forsyth reporting on 5 live that spfl will hedge their bets on the premier due to UEFA and euro places. The diddy leagues will be sold down the river.

Rubbish. They're suggesting a practical solution to an unprecedented situation. "Sold down the river" is nonsense.

16 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Isn't the game in hand due to Scottish Cup QF scheduling? So, completely out of our hands..  

Relegated by the SPFL due to SFA competition scheduling is peak Thistle. 

Well no, you'd be relegated for being bottom of the league, for having the lowest points average of any team in the division, for having failed to win a single league game in 2020 and for having squandered the chance to move off the bottom by failing to beat a dung Queen of the South side in total freefall - at home - at the beginning of March.

But yeah it was definitely not getting to play Inverness away that has fucked you here.

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

Well no, you'd be relegated for being bottom of the league, for having the lowest points average of any team in the division, for having failed to win a single league game in 2020 and for having squandered the chance to move off the bottom by failing to beat a dung Queen of the South side in total freefall - at home - at the beginning of March.

But yeah it was definitely not getting to play Inverness away that has fucked you here.

Played them twice in the league and we won 3-1 both times. So yes, we have a legitimate gripe here.

I understand where club coming from with that recent statement but there really is bugger all the club can do if majority rules. Not like we can just go join some other league.

5 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Played them twice in the league and we won 3-1 both times. So yes, we have a legitimate gripe here.

But if you're going to go down that road then results this season against the other teams you've still to play would suggest you'd be getting very few points in the remaining games.

17 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

The Pools Panel would have awarded a home win regardless. Hard lines.

4B61F62E-7626-4D2E-BE62-3A31CBEC845E.jpeg.fd790b659afe480e96a340c33160a944.jpeg