The Partick Thistle thread

28 minutes ago, JudgeMudge said:

That must be the worst this season? Absolute garbage top to bottom (except Fox I guess).

Fox's effort at the third Arbroath goal was ridiculous.

Closest to passmarks for me were Penrice and at a push Kakay. 

Thanks Gary, for leaving us a “promotion winning squad”. A squad that must be hidden somewhere because it certainly isn’t the useless shower of Shite that was  on the park today.

Williamson, O’Ware, McGinty, Gordon, da Vita, Harkins and Bobson can all GTF whenever they feel like it, and if they’re still here come end of January I’ll be amazed.  

11 minutes ago, Midlife Crisis said:

Thanks Gary, for leaving us a “promotion winning squad”. A squad that must be hidden somewhere because it certainly isn’t the useless shower of Shite that was  on the park today.

Williamson, O’Ware, McGinty, Gordon, da Vita, Harkins and Bobson can all GTF whenever they feel like it, and if they’re still here come end of January I’ll be amazed.  

Archibald signed McGinty and O'Ware. Good post otherwise...

Tam O’Ware looking more like a Martin Woods-esque imposter with every passing week. Can’t do his own job, and when he’s not giving the ball away or failing to cut out simple crosses, spends his time pointing and shouting at others.

He, along with McGinty today, were particularly abysmal. Aimless diagonals to nobody, and failing to do their basic tasks as CBs yet again. Additionally, Gordon was his typical invisible self, and De Vita is completely finished. I don’t think there were many pass marks today, but these players in particular were awful.

McCall has his work cut out with this group. So many to replace.

Going to Firhill is a soul destroying experience. The smell of festering horse shite as soon as you proceed through the John Lambie Stand turnstiles sets the tone for the day.

Said stand is packed full of grumpy, seething old men. They offer no encouragement or support to the team whatsoever, irrespective of the circumstances. The first mis-placed pass is met with howls of discontent. A hilarious, ridiculously misplaced sense of Old Firm-esq entitlement exists. 

For a lot of these old duffers, it’s just an excuse to vent for 90 minutes. 90 minutes of tedious, unintelligible, foaming at the mouth nonsense. The same people shouting the same shite every fucking week.

I’m absolutely fucking sick of it. 

17 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Going to Firhill is a soul destroying experience. The smell of festering horse shite as soon as you proceed through the John Lambie Stand turnstiles sets the tone for the day.

Said stand is packed full of grumpy, seething old men. They offer no encouragement or support to the team whatsoever, irrespective of the circumstances. The first mis-placed pass is met with howls of discontent. A hilarious, ridiculously misplaced sense of Old Firm-esq entitlement exists. 

For a lot of these old duffers, it’s just an excuse to vent for 90 minutes. 90 minutes of tedious, unintelligible, foaming at the mouth nonsense. The same people shouting the same shite every fucking week.

Can't disagree with any of the above, sadly

10 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

I knew it all along, there nohiing wrong with the players … it's the fans that are causing our poor performances.

16 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Tam O’Ware looking more like a Martin Woods-esque imposter with every passing week. Can’t do his own job, and when he’s not giving the ball away or failing to cut out simple crosses, spends his time pointing and shouting at others.

He, along with McGinty today, were particularly abysmal. Aimless diagonals to nobody, and failing to do their basic tasks as CBs yet again.

I am truly shocked at these developments.

17 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Here’s one grumpy seething old man’s view:

We sucked the atmosphere right out of the crowd with poor play.’

And:

‘Sloppy ... playing balls that weren’t on ... just took the atmosphere out of Firhill.’

And again:

'Our fans are here and want to see it here and we haven’t given them it.

Horrible old c--t; his name is Ian McCall.

I reckon there should be a sign up saying: ‘Warning! Punters must not expect to be entertained.’

Here’s one grumpy seething old man’s view:

‘We sucked the atmosphere right out of the crowd with poor play.’

And:

‘Sloppy ... playing balls that weren’t on ... just took the atmosphere out of Firhill.’

And again:

'Our fans are here and want to see it here and we haven’t given them it.

Horrible old c--t; his name is Ian McCall.

I reckon there should be a sign up saying: ‘Warning! Punters must not expect to be entertained.’

Your opinion isn’t valid tbh.

19 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

You're definitely not wrong, even when we won the league you were guaranteed a good helping of old b*****ds screaming to get it forward any time there was a sideways or backwards pass. 

The JHS is unbearable to sit in now that there is actually a valid reason to be a moany old b*****d, with a season ticket at Firhill probably being the worst value of any other in the UK atm. 

14 hours ago, AMMjag said:

You're definitely not wrong, even when we won the league you were guaranteed a good helping of old b*****ds screaming to get it forward any time there was a sideways or backwards pass. 

The JHS is unbearable to sit in now that there is actually a valid reason to be a moany old b*****d, with a season ticket at Firhill probably being the worst value of any other in the UK atm. 

Hard not to agree with this and HJ's comments. It's not a fun place to be these days, which really starts to defeat the purpose of spending a large portion of one's time at Firhill on a Saturday. I think at the moment me and the lads I go with are really only doing it for the social aspect, usually there is at least one of us each week that suggests we "just stay in the pub" gets more and more tempting with each passing week. 

Yeah, it almost felt like some sort of out of body experience when we went 3-1 down. Just went onto autopilot and fucked off out of the ground along with a stream of others, same as the Dunfermline game. Rarely left early when we were in the top flight apart from some of the pumpings (Celtic at home springs to mind, take your pick)

The generally bitter weather isn't helping matters either. I'm pretty much in a "well I've already paid for this, might as well go along" state at the minute rather than actively looking forward to the games; this season is a bit of a write-off already.