The Partick Thistle thread

was looking at the squad profiles on the website earlier and I note they've updated the pictures.

Alex Jones doesn't look like a footballer. He looks like he should be called Oliver and opening the batting for England at cricket after a successful Oxbridge university career.

image.png.ff5d1d5ad1b198a1b7ec17267446dd6e.png

That aside, as much as I would have kept Doolan in the summer rather than sign Oliver (above), with another 1/4 season evidence of his performance levels being in permanent decline rather than last year being a Caldwell-influenced blip, is it wise beyond crowd-pleasing to spend a wage on him?

Hearing that Kris Doolan will be back in January. Player/ Youth coach role.
It seems to be the common belief that Kris is pretty much done as a player and no one has the remotest idea wether or not he is a decent coach so why are we wetting our pants with excitement at this rumour?

25 minutes ago, Walter said:
13 hours ago, jagfox99 said:
Hearing that Kris Doolan will be back in January. Player/ Youth coach role.

It seems to be the common belief that Kris is pretty much done as a player and no one has the remotest idea wether or not he is a decent coach so why are we wetting our pants with excitement at this rumour?

Image result for get out gif you're done office

Will keep saying it until blue in the face but we need to get Jagzone so far to f**k, asking folk to stump up for highlights [among everything else, it's not just the highlights that should be free to air, btw] is a massive riddy.

Folk like me can't make every game and can just about stump up to pay for my ST are in the dark because the club want to squeeze every drop out of us, it's a total joke.

7 hours ago, Meatwad said:

Will keep saying it until blue in the face but we need to get Jagzone so far to f**k, asking folk to stump up for highlights [among everything else, it's not just the highlights that should be free to air, btw] is a massive riddy.

Folk like me can't make every game and can just about stump up to pay for my ST are in the dark because the club want to squeeze every drop out of us, it's a total joke.

It’s basically a 2 day service (Fri-Sat) unless we have a midweek game or a new signing. I don’t mind paying for it but we should be getting a helluva lot more for the £5.99. For starters how about an update/interview with Mitch Austin just to confirm he is still in the country also the manager should be interviewed every week rather than sending Archibald and Scally out to do the duties!

A better business model than the subscription service would be content on YouTube and website with the backing of a sponsor. 

It seems to/ does alienate the wider fan base.

It also seems to impact the away team service too.

Hopefully reviewed in the near future.

Edited by jagfox99

Is it actually financially beneficial to have it currently? Are there enough subscriptions for it to be covering costs?

I have no idea. Can’t imagine the costs are too high though and we’d be losing whatever they cost if there was no paywall.

13 minutes ago, Reid said:

I have no idea. Can’t imagine the costs are too high though and we’d be losing whatever they cost if there was no paywall.

This could be offset by getting a sponsor. Quite a few other teams have tjeir content sponsored i think? Until one came forward we wouldn't see a change I suppose.

It's a risky strategy for a pretty small revenue stream. After 20 odd years of having a season ticket I ditched mine at the start of last season as I can't make as many games as I'd like. I'm now more in the part time supporter category and over the last 2 years have gone from making every game I could to picking and choosing (admittedly helped by the utter shite on display). On Saturday I'll probably go along, but if I was able to sit down and watch glorious highlights of us pumping the Dees 3-1 and McCall and the players celebrating at the end, it would increase the likelihood of me and other more casual fans heading along on Saturday significantly. 

3 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Thoughts on Conor Hazard? Joins us on emergency loan.

He’s alright. Made a few good saves but didn’t look like the most confident keeper - doesn’t have a great command of his area for a giant, often choosing to stand on his line instead coming out to collect crosses. Can punt the ball about 17 miles though.

He’s alright. Made a few good saves but didn’t look like the most confident keeper - doesn’t have a great command of his area for a giant, often choosing to stand on his line instead coming out to collect crosses. Can punt the ball about 17 miles though.

This. He’d either kick the ball deep into the other half or shank it out for a throw in in our own half.