The Partick Thistle thread

That statement from the club is some laugh. Imagine anyone believing that singing a song can get the club into trouble with the SFA after 100+ years of them doing absolute nothing about the 2 clubs down the road.

I almost want us to get punished now to highlight what a farce the whole situation would be.

47 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

That statement from the club is some laugh. Imagine anyone believing that singing a song can get the club into trouble with the SFA after 100+ years of them doing absolute nothing about the 2 clubs down the road.

I almost want us to get punished now to highlight what a farce the whole situation would be.

Absolutely this. Some of the reaction from Jags fans on twitter has been priceless. Sanctimonious pish about how we should all know better. 

The song - as anyone with half a brain cell and even a scintilla of nuance will understand - is anti-sectarian. Anyone who can’t see that needs to get in the bin. It should be sung loudly and proudly.

Absolutely this. Some of the reaction from Jags fans on twitter has been priceless. Sanctimonious pish about how we should all know better. 
The song - as anyone with half a brain cell and even a scintilla of nuance will understand - is anti-sectarian. Anyone who can’t see that needs to get in the bin. It should be sung loudly and proudly.
The SFA and SPFL might be forced into acting now that UEFA have punished rangers, and it may be anti sectarian, but do we really need to sing f*** the Pope and f*** the Queen loudly and proudly? Most nuetrals I know think it makes us no better than old firm fans, even if you explain the sentiment.

9 minutes ago, Mancubus said:
10 hours ago, VladimirMooc said:

The SFA and SPFL might be forced into acting now that UEFA have punished rangers, and it may be anti sectarian, but do we really need to sing f*** the Pope and f*** the Queen loudly and proudly? Most nuetrals I know think it makes us no better than old firm fans, even if you explain the sentiment.

Then the neutrals you know are complete idiots. Its anti-sectarian and the context in which language is used clearly affects its meaning. 

This is like when tabloids go after comedians for a supposedly “offensive” line they might have in a show. Thereby robbing it entirely of its context within an hour-long show and its entire point.

In conclusion, FT SPFL match delegate and FT bed wetters who don’t understand the song. 

Edited by VladimirMooc

44 minutes ago, Mancubus said:
11 hours ago, VladimirMooc said:

UEFA have strict liability, the SFA and SPFL don't. How exactly do you propose the SFA and SPFL being forced to act when they don't have the authority to sanction clubs for fan behaviour?

12 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

It would be peak SFA, tbf. And it’s also peak Gerry Britton to invite more negative attention for no reason. An absolute clown of a man.

The song is outdated and outmoded. Time to move on., imo. I’ve sung it in the past but even the semantics of it have changed from **** your monarch/ head of the C.o.E/ head of the Catholic Church (delete where applicable to FTQ/ FTP which is just bigoted OF patter whether both are named or not. 

I know Rangers sing about Kings and Queens but do Celtic fans sing about the pope? I genuinely don’t know but can’t think of any examples so that part is as UEFA would say ‘Racist sectarianism’. 

Followers of Partick Thistle come from a wide church so don’t be surprised if people take offence to it. Personally I couldn’t give two hoots about monarchy or organised religion but I wouldn’t want to alienate any of my fellow Thistle supporters knowingly. There’s few enough of us who make the effort to go to games as it is.

2 hours ago, Archie said:

We're dead already. Get Caldwell tae f**k oot the road. 

1 hour ago, JudgeMudge said:

Played ok today. Most games - “we’d have won if it wasn’t for XYZ”.

56 minutes ago, Midlife Crisis said:

Andrew Dallas has not taken us to the bottom of the table - Gary Caldwell has.

2 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Get Caldwell to f**k.

Good to see the once in a while posters come out in support of the team ❤💛

Pathetic manager. Pathetic signings. Pathetic decisions by the manager.
Will all be clouded over by the two sendings off, but how can anyone defend this absolute charlatan of a manager any longer? 

With all that’s been going on his signings have been ok IMO.

He’s a shite manager though.