Jump to content
South Lanarkshire Jag

Partick Thistle 2020/21 thread

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Walter said:
9 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:
Because he's a footballer's father?

I'm sure that's not what he meant.

Possibly. However, what he wrote was unequivocal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Possibly. However, what he wrote was unequivocal.
It was quite clear to me that he found Mansell's Father's actions heroic and it had nothing to do with who his boy is. As has already been pointed out it was pretty traumatic for those close by who could only sit impotently while one stranger was desperately trying to keep another's heart pumping until the paramedics turned up with the defibrillator.
I'm sure you meant no offence but having a go at sting777 over the wording of his post seems somewhat inappropriate in the circumstances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Walter said:

It was quite clear to me that he found Mansell's Father's actions heroic and it had nothing to do with who his boy is. As has already been pointed out it was pretty traumatic for those close by who could only sit impotently while one stranger was desperately trying to keep another's heart pumping until the paramedics turned up with the defibrillator.
I'm sure you meant no offence but having a go at sting777 over the wording of his post seems somewhat inappropriate in the circumstances.

No offence intended.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Walter said:

It was quite clear to me that he found Mansell's Father's actions heroic and it had nothing to do with who his boy is. As has already been pointed out it was pretty traumatic for those close by who could only sit impotently while one stranger was desperately trying to keep another's heart pumping until the paramedics turned up with the defibrillator.
I'm sure you meant no offence but having a go at sting777 over the wording of his post seems somewhat inappropriate in the circumstances.

Thanks Walter! I was actually thinking whether it was wise to restart the game after half time while this was still going on.  If Thistle had scored just after the restart I just couldnt have celebrated. That was the longest half time I have ever endured. Its fantastic that he appears to have pulled through. When he is fit it would be a nice touch if the club maybe offered Mr Mansell and himself a day in hospitality!

Edited by Sting777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sting777 said:

Thanks Walter! I was actually thinking whether it was wise to restart the game after half time while this was still going on.  If Thistle had scored just after the restart I just couldnt have celebrated. That was the longest half time I have ever endured. Its fantastic that he appears to have pulled through. When he is fit it would be a nice touch if the club maybe offered Mr Mansell and himself a day in hospitality!

Well said and maybe the medics at new Douglas park as well who played a vital part as wel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, third lanark said:

Well said and maybe the medics at new Douglas park as well who played a vital part as wel

Yip TL Mr Mansell wasnt the only hero yesterday, but he was the main one. As was said to me, a professional football match is probably one of the best places to have a heart attack if you have the misfortune to have one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Yip TL Mr Mansell wasnt the only hero yesterday, but he was the main one. As was said to me, a professional football match is probably one of the best places to have a heart attack if you have the misfortune to have one. 

I had a patient have a heart attack in front of me - all I did was walk out the room and ask the nurse passing by to get help. I was working within 10ft of a heart clinic in the hospital. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad news. No banner for the Clyde game 👀👀👀😉😂😂😂😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Partick Thistle are still hopeful of signing Mitch Austin despite a hitch in his medical, according to a report. 

The Australian was in Glasgow over the weekend and a deal was expected to be completed. 

But bruising suffered in his last game at Sydney FC has held the deal up and scans on an ACL injury are also being studied, according to the Evening Times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Is there a game on at Firhill tonight? I drove past earlier and there were a few stewards and more cars parked than normal but haven't seen anything mentioned.

France v Norway in the Euro women u19s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

How has Williamson done so far? Saw he scored at the weekend.

Good going forward. Defensively suspect. Looks like he's lacking in confidence. Would hope to see him improve on what he's shown so far. Potential seems to be there, but time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more, the code to join the league is

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How has Williamson done so far? Saw he scored at the weekend.


Pretty much what Dunfermline fans had told us. Looks good going forward and offers us width but his positioning seems to be all over the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks from the comments in the match preview from Caldwell that the Austin deal is off as there's no transfer activity close to happening. 

Imagine being too injured for Thistle to sign you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Looks from the comments in the match preview from Caldwell that the Austin deal is off as there's no transfer activity close to happening. 

Imagine being too injured for Thistle to sign you. 

I took that as no other deals were in the offing? 🤔

He discussed Austin then answered with that to a question about other transfer activity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looks from the comments in the match preview from Caldwell that the Austin deal is off as there's no transfer activity close to happening. 
Imagine being too injured for Thistle to sign you. 


Now looks from Twitter like we’re about to announce him...

https://mobile.twitter.com/PartickThistle/status/1154009562720063488

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...