The Partick Thistle thread

2-pages on Miller in the Sun, Thistle mentioned about twice.
The Sun is tailored to literary requirements of old firm dafties. There's nothing in there for the sophisticated west end intelligensia that frequent Firhill. Don't read it again Chad. It's beneath you.

1 hour ago, Walter said:
3 hours ago, bad chad said:

The Sun is tailored to literary requirements of old firm dafties. There's nothing in there for the sophisticated west end intelligensia that frequent Firhill. Don't read it again Chad. It's beneath you.

The paper was in front of me whilst waiting for my coffee, otherwise I'd never have known! 

6 hours ago, bad chad said:

Evening Times also excels - Miller in Rangers tie and blazer on front page with pointer to Lee Wallace story on the back.

Rambling, unedifying tripe for the most part about Kenny and Gary's time together in Celtic and Scotland set-ups.

I would ask Jags players not to indulge hacks looking for copy about the Ugly Sisters, especially in contentious matters.

Is Caldwell trying to piss the fans off by giving that geriatric the number 9 shirt?
Grow up ad lib it's only a number if the little scumbag miller scores constant for us I'll be the first to put my hands up and say i got it wrong but Caldwell knows if this doesn't work out he will probably out of a job and at the end of the day its not my job or your job thats in jeopardy for his actions

8 minutes ago, colliedug said:
22 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:
Is Caldwell trying to piss the fans off by giving that geriatric the number 9 shirt?

Grow up ad lib it's only a number if the little scumbag miller scores constant for us I'll be the first to put my hands up and say i got it wrong but Caldwell knows if this doesn't work out he will probably out of a job and at the end of the day its not my job or your job thats in jeopardy for his actions

Hit a new low on this forum when one of our own fans calls one of our players (who hasn’t kicked a ball for us yet) a “little scumbag”.

Hit a new low on this forum when one of our own fans calls one of our players (who hasn’t kicked a ball for us yet) a “little scumbag”.

Vinny i called him a scumbag for previous ventures not ever will i when he wears the red and yellow sorry if it sounded out of context m8

1 minute ago, jaggyness said:
4 minutes ago, Reid said:
Fee agreed with Norwich for Fitzpatrick according to the Record. £350k plus add ons.

If true I'd hope we could negotiate to get him back on loan this season

Would imagine they’ll want to stick him in their youth team so they can have a closer look at what they’ve got.

It’s a decent sum for a player who hasn’t done much yet, but I can’t help but feel disappointed by that fee. So much potential there.

The younger the player is the more difficult it is to call- if he goes on and has 70 caps for Scotland and 20 goals with a commensurate career in England and we make £1m from add ons then it's obviously shite compared to what we could have won (in a bullseye stylee), but if he does a Martin Lauchlan and totally bombs then £350k for an 18 year old is probably decent enough.

I'm more accepting about this than I was about Lindsay as Lindsay had already proved himself at a higher level and was 21 when he left us.

Or we could just wait til Chien Lee buys him back in 10 days time...

The younger the player is the more difficult it is to call- if he goes on and has 70 caps for Scotland and 20 goals with a commensurate career in England and we make £1m from add ons then it's obviously shite compared to what we could have won (in a bullseye stylee), but if he does a Martin Lauchlan and totally bombs then £350k for an 18 year old is probably decent enough.
I'm more accepting about this than I was about Lindsay as Lindsay had already proved himself at a higher level and was 21 when he left us.
Or we could just wait til Chien Lee buys him back in 10 days time...

I agree with this. Lindsay had shown himself to be a very good top division player. Fitzpatrick has shown flashes in the second tier. Was hoping for slightly more but not a terrible deal.

Surely getting the chance to play in our championship is better development than sticking him in the under 23’s.
I would think Fitzy would of preferred that also.
We should of demanded an immediate loan back in the deal.
Poor again in my opinion as his style will be hard to replace

15 hours ago, Dr Koop said:

Evening Times also excels - Miller in Rangers tie and blazer on front page with pointer to Lee Wallace story on the back.

Rambling, unedifying tripe for the most part about Kenny and Gary's time together in Celtic and Scotland set-ups.

I would ask Jags players not to indulge hacks looking for copy about the Ugly Sisters, especially in contentious matters.

I've been told what normally happens is ex OF player is interviewed for an an hour about his current diddy team then at the end is asked a throwaway question about his time at the old firm. When the article is published it's comprises of his answer to the OF question 

23 minutes ago, Jag4life said:

Surely getting the chance to play in our championship is better development than sticking him in the under 23’s.
I would think Fitzy would of preferred that also.
We should of demanded an immediate loan back in the deal.
Poor again in my opinion as his style will be hard to replace

would've, should've, would have, should have.

Sorry if it seems pedantic but it's important to me.