The Partick Thistle thread

32 minutes ago, rb123! said:

That referring to Shankland training at a club in England tomorrow.

No m77, Thistle trialist Sam Scrivens. Nixon did tweet that the Sunderland deal is off with Portsmouth apparently interested going by the comments.

13 hours ago, Paul Cicero said:

Got a better manager that 'schooled' Thistle last season on a part time budget 😏

He schooled us so much that we took 7 points from 12 against his team, lost just once to them all season, and we finished above them in the league. Hopefully every other team on the league will similarly ‘school’ us this season. 

Edited by ClydebankJag

Not particularly thrilled with this if it does go ahead. Fox is probably slightly better than Sneddon at this point, but he’ll be commanding a much higher salary and I feel like Sneddon had done enough to have a chance to start this year.

Not the worst signing, and Fox should still be fine at this level, but feels like poor use of the budget.

I'm not sure about this. I'd say like for like it's an upgrade on Hazard (and certainly Bell), and I don't rate Sneddon quite as much as a lot of Thistle supporters.

On the other hand there are more pressing needs and he probably won't be coming cheap (though 4 years of Uncle Roy's largesse might have set him up for life).

Hope he's apologised to the lassie that sponsored him and he was a dick to at the POTY in 2015.