The Partick Thistle thread

27 minutes ago, Credo67 said:
2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:
Thank you.

Am I missing something ? why the "thank you" did you predict something ?

There have been a few half-arsed attempts at a P&B glossary over the years. "Thank you" would be in there. There once was a visitor to P&B called Sebu. He was clearly foreign (his English was better than that of most of the natives) and he was after scarves. Turned out Sebu was a truck driving, hard drinking Corsican possible serial killer (with the inference being he would tie up roadside hookers with the scarves) so obviously got on like a house on fire with most posters. He signed off many posts with "thank you", to the mild amusement of many and formed a special affinity with The Dees. Hence you will see many Dundee posters signing off with "Thank you". 

Edited by Shandon Par

7 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

This is an odd argument. You made the claim he'd be on high wages, I simply reply saying you can't possibly know that then you reply a few days later with a link which says zero about his wages as if it's proof you were right?

We both have no idea how much he will be earning, the onus isn't on me to disprove that he earns now what he'd be earning at Dundee.

Nothing odd about it Pie. I reckon he is on wages comparable to what he was on at Dundee and the coaching job is added on to justify, you dont. Fair enough! Do you think he is the highest earning player at Firhill?

Edited by Sting777

There have been a few half-arsed attempts at a P&B glossary over the years. "Thank you" would be in there. There once was a visitor to P&B called Sebu. He was clearly foreign (his English was better than that of most of the natives) and he was after scarves. Turned out Sebu was a truck driving, hard drinking Corsican possible serial killer (with the inference being he would tie up roadside hookers with the scarves) so obviously got on like a house on fire with most posters. He signed off many posts with "thank you", to the mild amusement of many and formed a special affinity with The Dees. Hence you will see many Dundee posters signing off with "Thank you". 
Still trying to work out which bit was made up.

1 minute ago, Black and White Tragic said:
45 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Still trying to work out which bit was made up.

Sebu was a good lad. Showed a genuine contempt for the wee team and a love for big Leishman. 

I think if people looked at Miller as more of a replacement for McDonald than Doolan, as well as not being the only striker we're likely to sign this summer, they would be giving themselves a far easier time. 

I think he's worth a punt. This division is absolute garbage and a bit of footballing intelligence goes a long way; see also McDonald and even MacNamara who strolled it in their short playing spells here. I would also think his snake tendencies would be negated by the old pals act with Caldwell, even if not it should be entertaining if nothing else. 

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

There once was a visitor to P&B called Sebu. 

Genuinely gutted you never followed this up with a wee poem about him.

I haven't seen anything in print or in audio to suggest that Caldwell has said he prefers 3-5-2 but it's bandied around a lot, on that basis we have as it stands

Sneddon

Saunders O'Ware McGinty

Williamson..........................................................................................Penrice

Gordon Bannigan

Fitzpatrick

Miller Mansell

With: Robson, Harkins, Slater, Wilson and Cardle in reserve

Obviously need a 2nd keeper, a 4th CB in case of injury (experienced like Anderson but not him) and 2 more strikers. 

Midfield has numbers, but I think both Slater and Harkins are best as attacking midfielders (relative in the latter's case) but Caldwell doesn't see it that way. I'd like to see us sign an out and out ball winning midfielder e.g Abdul Osman circa 2014 to allow them to play further forward.  Though the manager seems to favour Gordon further forward.

Fitz (provided we don't sell him)  and Cardle are slight spare parts in 352 though I think Fitzpatrick might again be best as a number 10 as he develops.  I think we'd need one more attacking midfielder in any event, so that would be 6 in total and a first team squad of 22. 

I think Wilson might go out on loan for the first half of the season if we get enough numbers and assume that's also the plan with the 6 modern apprentice lads given the abandoning of the reserve team (or the ones who are too old for the u18s anyway)

Edited by Fuctifano

I wonder if Caldwell would be up for using Penrice in midfield when using a back 3/5, with Robson on the left. Did he ever say that he only sees him as a left back? I think I recall him saying it but might be talking out my arse.

1 minute ago, Slacker said:

I wonder if Caldwell would be up for using Penrice in midfield when using a back 3/5, with Robson on the left. Did he ever say that he only sees him as a left back? I think I recall him saying it but might be talking out my arse.

He said at his meet the manager night in December that he considered Penrice a natural wingback. Didn’t mention if he’s considered him at CM at all.

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Coming to cinemas in May 2020.

Thank you. 

57 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

C Moon.

Oh ok, it was shite anyway like everything they all did really after they split apart from maybe Imagine.  Never did a band break up at the right time like they did.