The Partick Thistle thread

4 hours ago, Maine said:

Apart from Fitz and possibly Wilson who i’d Imagine will go on loan again, are their any other youngsters looking to break through this season?

Not sure how the setup will work with pulling out of the reserve league- I believe after both arse cheeks and St J we're the 4th team to do so.

From the reserve team page on the website there were only 6 players, 2 of whom were freed which leaves Sena (age 20), Wilson (19, turns 20 in June), Ruraidh McIntyre (17) and  Evan Galasso (18). Seemingly the under 18s have been doing well  on Friday nights though, presume the plan is they go out on loan.

Wilson  and Sena probably need to break through this year given their age, and I really hope Galasso is good because he's a striker and his name sounds like Golazo.

1 hour ago, PerthTA said:

Looks like Rudden will be confirmed on a 6 month loan deal on Monday or Tuesday most likely

Source? If true another terrific signing and impressed that Caldwell is getting important business done early unlike Archie who was always left fighting over the dross left in August!

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we got anyone in on loan this early in the season, the currants haven't even finished *this* season yet so loaning out a player for next season, albeit one who won't be in their first team plans for a season or two (if ever) before they go on their holidays, seems a bit premature.

I've been wrong about everything else this close season though so it's almost certainly a done deal.

26 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we got anyone in on loan this early in the season, the currants haven't even finished *this* season yet so loaning out a player for next season, albeit one who won't be in their first team plans for a season or two (if ever) before they go on their holidays, seems a bit premature.

I've been wrong about everything else this close season though so it's almost certainly a done deal.

Its not as if it will be a surprise, it was in the papers earlier in the week. He wont get a game for them, cant see them loaning him to another top league side,  so  we must be in the running. If it does come off it will be a terrific signing

Edited by Sting777

1 hour ago, Sting777 said:

Its not as if it will be a surprise, it was in the papers earlier in the week. He wont get a game for them, cant see them loaning him to another top league side,  so  we must be in the running. If it does come off it will be a terrific signing

But this early? Why would a loan deal be announced in May?

4 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

But this early? Why would a loan deal be announced in May?

Need to ask PerthTA that one but agreed, does seem a tad early to announce a loan signing. Will be delighted if he is right

56 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Christ Erskine was quite angry tonight. Scott Allison seems very upset too.

Whats happening? 

Not very surprising news considering the recent rumours but I've heard from a pretty good "ITK" source that we have made offers to both Boyd and Miller.

Would take Boyd but Miller can get to the bottom of the bin.

Could you imagine if they both accepted our offers?[emoji102]

Also apparently Doolan fucking hates Caldwell with a passion, Dools has had two offers so far, one being a premiership club (probably Livi as they love an ex jag atm)

Can't see why players who haven't performed for a couple of seasons for us can justifiably be 'angry'. The only ones who have a right to be angry are the fans who have watched the rubbish on display for the best part of two seasons. 

We needed scraping back and a reboot, and that is what Caldwell is doing. 

6 hours ago, Adrian Madaschi said:

I've heard from a pretty good "ITK" source that we have made offers to both Boyd and Miller.

Would take Boyd but Miller can get to the bottom of the bin.

Also apparently Doolan fucking hates Caldwell with a passion, Dools has had two offers so far, one being a premiership club (probably Livi as they love an ex jag atm)

Re Miller and Boyd, apparently Caldwell  is very close friends with both. Boyd would score double figures in the Championship as long as he was fit, but Miller is past it. If we could get Boyd and Rudden I, for one, would be delighted. Re Kris Doolan, legend...yes,  treated badly....yes, but he is gone (for now) and we need to move on. As for hating his boss with a passion, I think most people will have experienced that in their working life more often than not!!!

1 hour ago, Chicken George said:

Can't see why players who haven't performed for a couple of seasons for us can justifiably be 'angry'. The only ones who have a right to be angry are the fans who have watched the rubbish on display for the best part of two seasons. 

We needed scraping back and a reboot, and that is what Caldwell is doing. 

Absolutely! We have endured two years of torture and not one player over this period can complain if they didnt get an offer of a new contract. The place needed a clear out and Caldwell has done this. Whether it will be sufficient to stop the rot, we will find that out soon enough. If it isnt, Kris Doolan might be back sooner than we think however if Caldwell is this big, bad awful ogre I doubt whether Cardle and Gordon would have resigned!

Edited by Sting777

Actually good to have a figurehead for all the hatred and abuse, esp if they can take it. 

Does the nasty work, sets things up for better things (hopefully), and can be chased out of town if things go wrong!