The Partick Thistle thread

:cheers

Glad we haven't had to suffer through a nervy end to the season.

Archie's interview after the match said he's looking to get Booth and Taylor signed up permanently. We have the option to buy Taylor so hopefully we sort that out ASAP. Wasn't impressed with Booth at first but that was during our terrible run, he's played far better since then and fits our mould for an attacking FB, so would be happy to see him stay.

And give new contracts to pretty much everyone. Think Balatoni, Osman and Lawless should be priorities. Although SOD is likely away and I have no idea what Archie's opinion is on Higgy, who still hasn't gotten back to his best.

In. 8)

Lawless and Balatoni signed up and then Taylor are the priorities for me.

Hoping we can sort the right back situation once O'Donnell goes quicker than we did with lelft back this season as based on the last couple of months if we can keep the other 3 and keep a settled back 4 we can continue to look solid.

Big season for Gary Fraser IMO, I also think Craigen will be a very important player, he's showed real promise lately and its just unlucky that he can't find a way back into the team.

Big season for Gary Fraser IMO, I also think Craigen will be a very important player, he's showed real promise lately and its just unlucky that he can't find a way back into the team.

Craigen's out of contract and could have other offers.

Here's the out of contract "team".

Fox

O'Donnell

Keenan

Balatoni

Richards-Everton

Osman

Craigen

Welsh

Lawless

Higginbotham

Elliott

Subs - Gallacher, Finnie, Keenan, Lindsay, Wilson, Duggan

Edited by Bishop Briggs

Higgy again didn't cut it today. An absolute shadow of his former self. Lots of silly step overs leading to nothing that used to lead to everything.

With us being safe, the manager should bring in McDaid and Fraser to replace players who are out of contract.

SOD wants to play down in England apparently, so we won't be playing against him at least. Don't think there's any decent attacking right backs up here we could sign so I reckon his replacement will be from down south as well

SOD wants to play down in England apparently, so we won't be playing against him at least. Don't think there's any decent attacking right backs up here we could sign so I reckon his replacement will be from down south as well

Would you take Darnell Fisher of Celtic on loan? Matthews and Lustig are ahead of him and Deila may want him to get first-team experience. Joe Chalmers is out of contract too.

Higgy again didn't cut it today. An absolute shadow of his former self. Lots of silly step overs leading to nothing that used to lead to everything.

apart from the assist for Steevo's goal......

apart from the assist for Steevo's goal......

Woops. Didn't notice that. Fair enough, original point stands though. Hasn't cut it this season and time to say bye.

Would you take Darnell Fisher of Celtic on loan? Matthews and Lustig are ahead of him and Deila may want him to get first-team experience. Joe Chalmers is out of contract too.

aye too right, I'd take Liam Henderson at the drop of a hat aswell. I can't see him getting much of a shot infront of Brown,Bitton,Johansen,Armstrong,GMS,Forrest again next year.

Woops. Didn't notice that. Fair enough, original point stands though. Hasn't cut it this season and time to say bye.

I'd keep him for another year, see if he regains his form, I think alot will depend on whether Taylor signs.

Put in a good ball for Stevenson's goal, but yeah, not a lot coming off for him. A player in desperate need of a confidence boost if ever I've seen one.

Agree that getting Taylor in and getting Balatoni's and lawless' contracts extended are the priority. We'll also need to get a replacement for SOD sorted ASAP. Booth has been impressive recently so would hope we can retain him too. Elliott and Craigen are also good squad players to have so hope they stay. Higgy will be off anyways, but on his form this season he's no huge loss. If Balatoni stays then I think BRE will be off, don't think he'll get a game at centre back ahead of the 3 we have at the club currently, and Lindsay looks to be the more highly rated out of the two younger ones.

On the right back situation, what's the deal with this Finnie boy we signed at the same time as booth? I'm assuming he's been playing for the under 20's, is he any good? Could he be a replacement for SOD?

Wouldn't be overly upset if we started the season with Fox as number 1 again, but definitely think we could get better and if we can, then unfortunately will be goodbye to Scott most likely. A decent enough keeper, but there's certainly a lot of other options.

Other than that, just add some depth I guess. Would be nice to see McDaid continue his progression alongside some other youngsters.

I've never seen either of them play but I think Chalmers is a left back. I'd rather we tried to sign our own players tbh, Archie has more time now than last season to identify and approach players so hopefully we don't miss out on as many targets this time. Edit: in terms of Finnie he seems to be doing well with the dev squad so he'll probably get a new deal but I don't think he's ready for the 1st team yet. That's what I've heard anyway

Edited by Red 'N Yellow

I've never seen either of them play but I think Chalmers is a left back. I'd rather we tried to sign our own players tbh, Archie has more time now than last season to identify and approach players so hopefully we don't miss out on as many targets this time. Edit: in terms of Finnie he seems to be doing well with the dev squad so he'll probably get a new deal but I don't think he's ready for the 1st team yet. That's what I've heard anyway

Joe Chalmers is a left-back and out of contract. He reportedly did well on loan at Falkirk last season but got injured and has taken a long time to recover. If the manager is looking for a left-back, he could be an option if Celtic don't offer him a new deal.