The Partick Thistle thread

The worst possible play off final from an away day perspective (assuming away fans allowed by next season etcetc), Montrose would have been excellent and while Cove looks a bit shit it would be a new ground to cross off the list. 

Morton going down would be funny, but I can't bring myself to support Airdrie.

However I also can't support Morton. Hopefully theyve both made some admin error and get disqualified before the final starts. 

10 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

We appear to be getting linked to Kyle Turner according to some fans.

If played in the right role behind the striker, he'll be a really good signing. He's got full time football experience now and on his day is pretty decent. 

9 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Do you think that if Airdrie win the playoff he will stay with them. Wikipedia have him not played for Airdrie - is that right ?

Pretty certain Turner’s played quite regularly for them, and no, I don’t think he’ll stay there. He’ll get a better offer than them, and probably us too.

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Was he not punted out on loan because he was leaving on a free? I'd have assumed that it was to someone higher up the divisions than us.

Hes been linked with us and Hearts, and apparently fell out with the club after they refused to sell him to Hearts in January.

That's us released a few from the development squad; Rodden, Renfrew, Scullion and Watson. Surprised to see Rodden and Watson go as they seemed poised to be involved (in some way) next year, the other two I wouldn't recognise if they walked passed me in the street.

11 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Martindale was interviewed and said that while we've offered Tiffoney terms for next season, he'll likely be away and that Partick is a possible/probable destination. We'd be due a fee, but it wouldn't be massive

Makes sense for Livi to offer him a contract anyway even if he’s not likely to feature- so that you get some fee for him.

Both Livi and Thistle clearly have a good relationship anyway as evidenced by loans the last few years so don’t think either club will be difficult for the other to deal with 

4 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Martindale was interviewed and said that while we've offered Tiffoney terms for next season, he'll likely be away and that Partick is a possible/probable destination. We'd be due a fee, but it wouldn't be massive

Not surprised that Livi have offered him terms, but I’d imagine both clubs would be able to come to some sort of arrangement. Which would certainly be good for us, cause he’s been a stand-out (not sure if he’s the type of player that maybe just needed to find the right club for a run of games). 

4 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Might be the beers talking, but if we keep the core of our current squad and add Tiffoney and an experienced centre back and we will be promotion playoffs at least.

9 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Might be the beers talking, but if we keep the core of our current squad and add Tiffoney and an experienced centre back and we will be promotion playoffs at least.

Really?. Hamilton, possibly Ross County or Kilmarnock (Dundee) ,Dunfermline, Caley, Raith Rovers?? Difficult trips to Ayr, Morton or Airdrie and Arbroath?Survival next season would be decent.

Edited by Highlandmagyar Tier 3

19 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Really?. Hamilton, possibly Ross County or Kilmarnock (Dundee) ,Dunfermline, Caley, Raith Rovers?? Difficult trips to Ayr, Morton or Airdrie and Arbroath?Survival next season would be decent.

If we cant go into a season thinking we can finish above Ayr, Arbroath, QotS and Morton/Airdrie we may as well fold now.

That Raith team will surely be weakened next season by losing their best players. Caley and Dunfermline are hardly unbeatable. 

Edited by Jacky1990

2 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

If we cant go into a season thinking we can finish above Ayr, Arbroath, QotS and Morton/Airdrie we may as well fold now.

That Raith team will surely be weakened next season by losing their best players. Caley and Dunfermline are hardly unbeatable. 

We aren't exactly anything special ourselves. Remember we couldn't finish above them the last time around!.

Edited by Highlandmagyar Tier 3

Top 4 is definitely a realistic goal next season, would think we'd be around 4th in terms of budget, the play off loser will be favourite, Hamilton will have parachute payment, and unsure about Dunfermline with their German investors.

Raith  should still be decent and they've already got a few players coming in albeit one of them is Zanatta who stunk the place out at Ayr as much as he did here. 

However if we can use the momentum of coming up and add to the core of 5 players we've got signed up for next season who are clearly more than good enough for Championship level  (Brownlie, Bannigan, Docherty, Rudden, Graham - the others are unproven or O'Ware) by using the budget we have wisely, then top4 should be the target, but not necessarily an expectation. 

Edited by Fuctifano

There’s absolutely nothing to fear in next season’s Championship. Looks like it’s going to be 10 teams with not a great deal between them, we’re coming into it with a bit of momentum and will have one of the better managers. I’ll be disappointed if we aren’t at least in the hunt for the top 4.